*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Quintaros

Mandle

Quote from: Quintaros on Sun 12/02/2017 03:04:16
Sleuth?

Woah that was fast! I was hoping for at least a few people to get tricked into movies where Michael Caine is actually old instead of pretending to be with makeup... I gotta say though: The effect is pretty close to how he really looks in old-age so well done to the make-up artists (even though he wasn't supposed to look like himself in the movie, but oh well)...

Your turn!

Cassiebsg

Actually, I thought it looked like fake old aged... but I thought it looked a bit like Richard Dreyfuss instead. (laugh) (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 12/02/2017 07:47:35
Actually, I thought it looked like fake old aged... but I thought it looked a bit like Richard Dreyfuss instead. (laugh) (roll)

Spoiler

Oh yeah, it doesn't look all that real: The movie came out in 1972 after all, but it does bear a pretty close resemblence to the real old-age Michael Caine, which is pretty cool considering how young he was at the time. Also, in the movie you're not supposed to be able to guess that it is Michael Caine when it's painfully obvious that it is. It tricked me when I first saw the movie as a child but later as an adult it just made me laugh. Still an awesome movie, but the trick probably worked better in the original stage play than in the movie with close-up shots.
[close]

Quintaros: Have you seen the movie and recognized the scene? Or did you google "Michael Caine in old-age makeup" or somesuch? Please teach me your methods because I sometimes spend like half an hour googling clues from the screenshots and still come up empty-handed (laugh)

Quintaros

I don't always resort to Google.  I'd scene Sleuth years ago and thought the makeup pretty obvious at the time and also a little odd (iirc he's actually supposed to be playing a second character).  My favourite old age makeup that predicted an actor's actual later appearance is Max Von Sydow in the Exorcist.

New entry:

Amayirot Akago

Pirates Of The Caribbean?
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Kumpel

The hundred-foot journey?

Mandle

Quintaros

Hazel

dayowlron

Munchen (2005) or Munich
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Ponch

Eat, Pray, Blade Runner?

Snarky

The Wolf of Wall Street?

Quintaros

dayowlron

I would like to give Quintaros another chance. Only reason I found it was with a google search on the images. Might be a good idea not to use images that are already on websites. Take a screen shot from the movie.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Quote from: dayowlron on Mon 13/02/2017 03:51:15
Only reason I found it was with a google search on the images.

Google searching the image is actually against the rules of this forums game. You probably weren't aware of that though.

We don't really want to force people to screenshot clips from movies as it is quite a bit of hassle. I think it's better if people just respect the honour system of not using image search.

Quintaros

I won't be able to post a new entry for several days so it's up for grabs.

dayowlron

No I was not aware of that. Just found this thread a few weeks ago. Won't do it again.

Since he won't take it, I will do it with one that should be fairly easy.

Mandle

I'm pretty sure that is Battleship.

dayowlron

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk