*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Snarky

No. I usually like to wait for a couple of people to guess before giving a second hint, but what the heck... Maybe this will be easier:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/JXbLI2n.jpg[/imgzoom]

Snarky

Mandle

Snarky

Nay. More recent than that, and less set in America. Based on a book that has been adapted before.

Danvzare

Snarky

Interesting guess, but no. Never seen any of them.

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/J3KTGHw.jpg[/imgzoom]

I haven't actually seen this one either. It was not well received, particularly compared to the earlier TV adaptation, which is a classic.

Mandle

Snarky

Ding ding ding!

I thought the teddy bear in the second picture would be a giveaway, but I guess it depends on familiarity with the story.
I wonder how old I can have been when I watched the Jeremy Irons version? Not very old.

Mandle

I remember the series being a huge deal when it aired, but I never watched it. I was just a kid and it seemed too girly. I was watching "Dr. Who" and "The Goodies" and such...

New screenie coming soon!

Mandle

Kumpel

Is it Django or is the movie in question referring to django in this scene?

Darth Mandarb

Mandle

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Thu 09/03/2017 19:50:26
The Mist?

Yup!

Over to you!

@Kumpel: Actually the character is a commercial artist painting a poster for a movie adaptation of Stephen King's book series "The Dark Tower". At the time "The Mist" came out "The Dark Tower" was supposed to be going into production soon with Ron Howard at the helm, but that has since been cancelled. I hope that Darabont makes the series at some point because every time he has made a King story into a movie, the film has turned out better than the book: He knows how to keep the genius parts of King, and cut out the unneeded chaff. And, now that I think about it, he has changed the ending of every story he's adapted, and for the better in every case. And "The Dark Tower" really needs a better ending!

Snarky

There's an adaptation in production now, isn't there?

And is the story set in some kind of time loop? I read that they're saying the adaptation will be a different iteration of the loop, so that it will play out a little differently than in the books; perhaps that will give it a more satisfying ending.

Mandle

Wow! It's coming out this year! The casting choices seem a tad weird, and the idea to do it as a continuation of the books if either madness or inspired, or both. Well, to do the books justice you'd need a Harry Potter length series, and I doubt the studio would invest in that with this story. It's not going to appeal to the majority of people. The books were all best sellers of course but even a lot of King's fans wouldn't rate them his best work.

Well, I'm excited anyways! I just pray it's not the complete mess that it sounds like it could be...

Darth Mandarb

This would be a gimme to me... but that's probably because I've seen this movie about 3,193 times...

Mandle

nihilyst

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk