*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

No guesses? Is it that hard, or are people just tired of this game?

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Snarky

Darth Mandarb

Is it Kiss Kiss Bang Bang?

or maybe The Salton Sea?

Spartan?

Those are the few Val Kilmer movies I can think of...

Snarky

Yes, it's Spartan. The film didn't really hold up on re-watch, but I can highly recommend the DVD commentary with Kilmer.

You're reminding me that I've had The Salton Sea on my to-watch list for ages.

Darth Mandarb

I enjoyed The Salton Sea quite a bit.

Here's the next:

Mandle

Snarky

The films that come to mind are Bridge of Spies and Sliding Doors, but I'm reasonably certain it's neither of those.

Darth Mandarb

Nope to all!

Bridge of Spies is a good guess (in my opinion) because the cinematographer (and long-time cohort of Spielberg) is Janusz Kaminski. When I first saw the movie (from my screenshot above) I checked the credits to see if Kaminski was the cinematographer. He wasn't.

Darth Mandarb

I am painting my office so I can't do a screen-grab so here's a less-than-stellar web search (so no cheating!).

Snarky

Another in the list of "reminds me of, but can't very well be" guesses: Margin Call. (The monitors are clearly the wrong era.)

After that guess, I was curious about whether the guy in the background was who I thought it was, and ended up spoiling myself on the movie. :~(

Danvzare

Mandle

Oh crap!

Is it The Bourne Identity?!

Darth Mandarb

Snarky

It was Walton Goggins in the background, BTW. 8-)
And Chris Cooper in the foreground, of course.

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 06/04/2017 18:27:59
It was Walton Goggins in the background, BTW. 8-)
And Chris Cooper in the foreground, of course.

And the distintive shape of Matt Damon's head in the first picture!

I'll post another one soon.

Mandle

Darth Mandarb

Snarky

The movie that warned us of the dangers of kids getting high on telepathic links with drunk aliens!

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 07/04/2017 14:56:32The movie that warned us of the dangers of kids getting high on telepathic links with drunk aliens!

It's why I'm adamant about raising my kids to never link telepathically with drunk aliens!

Another [perhaps] easy one...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk