*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Yes indeed.. well done snarky!  Yet another flick I urge folks to watch, perhaps one of the best casts ever in one movie

That part of the movie (hilarious)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrQppEXvRcM

horusr I am very curious why you said Citizen Kane? :)

horusr

Well, I thought it is black and white. And I only watched Citizen Kane's sewer scene(I wish it was sewer)  and said why not...

Snarky

Quote from: horusr on Fri 04/08/2017 08:10:02
Well, I thought it is black and white. And I only watched Citizen Kane's sewer scene(I wish it was sewer)  and said why not...

A sewer scene? Are you perhaps thinking of The Third Man?

New one:

It's sort of accidentally connected to the last one, thematically, but really I'm picking it because I watched it yesterday.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

ah... i was wondering because I thought it was either a good guess or very lucky guess. Orson Welles stars in citizen kane, and he has i think 2 tiny very short appearances in Catch 22, that screenshot being one of the scenes he appeared in :)

horusr

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

hows about a clue there snarky :D

Snarky

OK, the title and credits are given in two languages (in two different alphabets), neither of them English.

Ben X

Quote from: horusr on Fri 04/08/2017 08:10:02
Well, I thought it is black and white.

You thought the colour picture was black and white?

Snarky

D'oh! The film has disappeared from the streaming service I was using, so now I have to find screenshots online. No reverse-searching!

Kumpel

Snarky

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

its a tough one for sure. I did googling on movies with some connection with catch 22, haven't a clue though
The first pic, those two people look familiar, in particular the guy on the right, some kind of sports person/commentator perhaps? Cant think of his name anyway.

Odd since its a movie she is looking directly at the camera, my guess is the first pic is like an interview of some kind? Where she starts to tell a story of her life, then the movie switches to that time?

the 3rd pic looks like a musical,  the 2nd pic I have no clue, perhaps some cult/hippy commune? under surveillance?

The costumes look Italian, or at least Latino, seems like its set in the late early 70s up to 80s, perhaps America or south of the border.

Still have no clue though.. heh

Snarky

Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Tue 08/08/2017 19:53:32
the 3rd pic looks like a musical

This is the only hit so far: the film does have musical segments, though only about 3 or 4.

dayowlron

I was thinking the guy in the first pic looks a little like a young Richard Masur, so:
My Brothers Keeper
or
The Patriots?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Snarky

No and no.

It's unlikely that you recognize any of the actors, perhaps apart from the star, who's also the director:

This image was also used on film posters.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

had to do a reverse image search on this in the end...   I am pretty sure I never would have got the answer in a million years.

Ben X

Yeah, come on Snarky. 4 pics, including one of the lead actor and director, no correct guesses and two days of silence - you probably need to give us some major clues or give up on this one as too obscure.

Snarky

But it's not an obscure movie. It came out quite recently, in 2011, played at Cannes, won the audience award at the Toronto Film Festival, had a theatrical release in lots of countries, and was widely reviewed (the first page of Google results include the NYT, WaPo, Guardian, RogerEbert.com and New Yorker; I first read about it on the AV Club). It's available on disc and streaming from Amazon.

OK, final try:

The titles are in French and Arabic, and many reviews compare it to Lysistrata.

Ben X

"Too obscure", i.e. for us, because obviously none of us could even guess or deduce it!

Ben X

Okay, as no one else is going for it, I used the TFF clue and discovered it to be:

Where Do We Go Now? aka Et maintenant on va où? aka وهلّأ لوين؟

Here's mine:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/fzfdond.png[/imgzoom]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk