*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Nope, the title is even longer than that.

Ben X

The Adventures of Mickey Matson and the Copperhead Treasure?

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sun 15/07/2018 08:59:24
The Adventures of Mickey Matson and the Copperhead Treasure?

One word too long.

Ben X

Ah, what was going to be my original guess, then:

A Million Ways to Die in the West

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sun 15/07/2018 14:45:23
Ah, what was going to be my original guess, then:

A Million Ways to Die in the West

Yup. I'm not a big fan of Seth MacFarlane movies overall but they do have a few real gems in them here and there and that scene was one of those. His movies are just like Family Guy: throw a few jokes at the wall every minute and some are bound to stick now and then.

Ben X

Yeah, I can't bring myself to watch his movies as I really dislike Family Guy. I had heard about that Doc Brown cameo, though!

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/xTSlSva.png[/imgzoom]

Mandle

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army!

That's the ex-Nazi who I always felt was supposed to actually be Hitler incognito. I believe he says a few things that hint in that direction but it's never confirmed.

ManicMatt

Ben X

Correct! Though I don't remember anything about him being an ex-Nazi and can't find anything about it online. In the comics he was born in 1946, apparently...

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Mon 16/07/2018 13:25:05
Correct! Though I don't remember anything about him being an ex-Nazi and can't find anything about it online. In the comics he was born in 1946, apparently...

Or "reborn" in 1946? Hitler died in April 1945 so maybe it took that time to develop the tech for the suit that holds his essence?

And I don't think in the movie they exactly said he was ex-Nazi, but he sure did talk and act like he was.

Or maybe I'm just creating a random film theory...

Anyway: New shot coming soon!

Ben X

While we're waiting for Mandle's new shot, I'll indulge in more nitpickery (spoilered so no one feels obliged to read it:

Spoiler
He was born as a human in 1946, not as an ectoplasmic gas thing. Also, "German and bossy" does not equal Nazi!
[close]

Snarky

Yeah, I also didn't get a Nazi vibe from him, and I remember that being quite refreshing.

Mandle

Next image:

[IMGZOOM]http://i63.tinypic.com/5x6bg4.jpg[/IMGZOOM]

ManicMatt

Mandle

Quote from: ManicMatt on Tue 17/07/2018 12:54:37
Death Race (Statham)?

Nope, but I can see why you would guess so.

ManicMatt

Mandle

Mandle

Here's another shot from a few seconds later in that scene (sorry for bad quality I couldn't find a better one):

[IMGZOOM]http://i65.tinypic.com/o50so1.jpg[/IMGZOOM]

I have a reason for wanting to post this particular scene as I was watching a Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic) video and he mentioned something genius about this scene that I had never consciously realised before but which could be a great tip for someone making a similar cinematic cutscene.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk