*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben X

Hmm, American flags, dystopian feel, CCTV type footage. Is it a Purge movie? I'm guessing one of the middle two as it's not the first one and the latest one is too soon for NC to be making videos on specific scenes...

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Wed 18/07/2018 09:27:52
Hmm, American flags, dystopian feel, CCTV type footage. Is it a Purge movie? I'm guessing one of the middle two as it's not the first one and the latest one is too soon for NC to be making videos on specific scenes...

Naw, this movie is from the 80s...

Gurok

Freejack? But I think that's 90s...
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Mandle

Kweepa

Is it Back to the Future?
The first shot could be the Libyans approaching the Twin Pines mall.
The second shot could be Doc Brown and the Libyans.

[EDIT] I just looked at that scene in the film and I don't know how I forgot that the Libyans were driving a VW camper...
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Mandle

Quote from: Kweepa on Thu 19/07/2018 22:22:21
Is it Back to the Future?
The first shot could be the Libyans approaching the Twin Pines mall.
The second shot could be Doc Brown and the Libyans.

[EDIT] I just looked at that scene in the film and I don't know how I forgot that the Libyans were driving a VW camper...

Ahhh, but do you remember the V and the W on the van's emblem as being joined or seperated by a groove? Could be The Mandela Effect?!

But, no, it's not Back To The Future.

Perhaps not quite at the level of BTTF but this is a very famous 80s movie.

ManicMatt

just to rule it out.. Robocop?

Mandle

Nope.

Hint: It's not SF.

VampireWombat

Looking at the flags, I'm 95% sure the one on the right isn't an American flag. It's possible it could be a California flag.
The one on the left could be virtually any flag with red and white in it...
Absolutely nothing about the movie looks familiar to me. So I'm just going to guess Cannery Row since it's an 80s movie, set in California, and I haven't seen it.

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Mandle

Nopers... I'll put up another pic soon

Ben X

Red Dawn?

Wait! Motorbike! By the water! A high shot of a parking lot! Is it Lost Boys?

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Fri 20/07/2018 09:29:02
Wait! Motorbike! By the water! A high shot of a parking lot! Is it Lost Boys?

I'm not sure if that is a motorbike. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of buggy. We see it pull away which is to give the feeling that the place is deserted now and the guard is on his own.

But, you are indeed correct!

This is the first time in the movie that the vampires are shown attacking someone: The security guard that kicked them out of the amusement park.

The reason I wanted to showcase this shot was (as pointed out by Doug Walker after his first ever viewing of the movie) is the genius of it I had forgotten from having seen the movie like 30+ times:

When the shot first starts the first-time viewer assumes it's just an aerial shot of the guard leaving.

But then, as the camera draws closer, the guard looks up at the camera and panics and starts running.

Suddenly the viewer understands that it's actually a POV shot from the vampires.

This is genius! It's a very unobtrusive and sly way to introduce the vampires into the movie. It tells us instantly that the vampires can fly which also instantly explains to us why they had no problem with racing towards a cliff-edge on their motorbikes at high speed.

Also, for a first-time viewer it produces that slight feeling of vertigo where we realize that a shot isn't what we thought it was and we must make that mental adjustment.

Lovely stuff!

Anyway, over to you!

Ben X

Ahhh, that's why I was initially going sci-fi, because it looked like a strangely beefy, Judge Dreddy type motorcycle.

Pleased I got that, it's a great movie. I recently got it on blu-ray, looks great.

Okayyyyy, let's see... here's one with an obvious link to previous:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/xDQioWn.png[/imgzoom]

dayowlron

The only movie I can think of that he was in other than the Lost Boys is Richie Rich.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Snarky

Overboard? (Is that the name? The one where Kurt Russell abducts, enslaves and rapes an amnesiac Goldie Hawn. It's a romantic comedy.)

VampireWombat

How did I miss it being The Lost Boys? It's my favorite vampire movie. But it does at least confirm the California flag.

But I am quite certain I haven't seen this movie with Edward Herrmann. So I'm just going to randomly guess Critical Care.

Mandle

Bonfire Of The Vanities?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk