*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Quintaros

Looks like Jack Lemmon.  "The Apartment "?

lorenzo

Correct! (nod)
That was quick!

Quintaros

Ponch

Mandle

I don't know the movie but I want to write a caption:

"Yes, sir, that's right. We have searched the whole room for listening devices and it's clean!"

Quintaros

Yeah, I was quite taken with this answering machine while watching this movie.  I was never sure if it was a real model available at the time or something slightly sci-fi in this seemingly straight detective film noir.

dayowlron

Don't know the movie but I am sure that is something sci-fi. There is no way to play a greeting then record the response.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Quintaros

lorenzo

That must be Kiss Me Deadly. The box is a big clue.

Quintaros

lorenzo

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

I Aim At The Stars?

(I'm guessing this because I think maybe that's Hayden Rorke maybe on the far left: The psychiatrist from I Dream Of Genie.)

Or maybe Drumbeat?

josiah1221

At first glance the guy on the right looks like James Stewart.

lorenzo

Cassiebsg: no time travelling in this film, that's just a regular stagecoach! ;) Thinking of it, it does look a bit strange without wheels.

Mandle: the guy with the moustache? According to Imdb, that's Paul Birch.
It's not I Aim At The Stars nor Drumbeat. It is a western, though!

josiah1221: you're on the right track! That's indeed James Stewart.

dayowlron

from your clues and that picture having what looks like John Wayne I would say this has to be The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

lorenzo

Quintaros

Man, can't believe I didn't recognize Stewart!  He looked more like Karloff to me here.

dayowlron

I have had something come up where I wont be on much the next few days but will check from time to time. guess it is good I was killed in the murder mystery game, but I don't have a movie for this thread so whoever wants to take my turn is welcome.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk