*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Danvzare

Looks like someone got Tatooine from Star Wars, and threw a bunch of snow over it.
So I'm going to guess... Blade Runner?

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

i am afraid not :(     I will post another two screenshots, I thought to post 2 each time since this movie might be a bit on the obscure side especially to younger folk, but another hint is the movie title is one word only

LameNick

Screamers, one of more obscure Philip K. Dick based movies, starring good old Peter Weller. I quite liked it.
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

good job lamenick, over to you

Jack

Interesting. Looks like they had a decent budget.

LameNick

I hope this movie hasn't been posted here lately.

[imgzoom]https://f5.file-upload.com/i/00774/koz9b3tzi08d.jpg[/imgzoom]

Jack

Brainscan?

EDIT: I meant Brainstorm, but now I think Brainscan is likelier.

LameNick

Quintaros

LameNick

Yup, The Lawnmower Man, an adaptation of Stephen King's short story that carries so little resemblance to the original, King sued them just to get rid of his name from the title. But there are few titles that fill me with so much nostalgia from my childhood.  (roll)

[imgzoom]https://f3.file-upload.com/i/00776/1i5d40q9bbnp.jpg[/imgzoom]

Go Quintaros go!

Mandle

Quote from: LameNick on Tue 23/10/2018 22:33:13
Yup, The Lawnmower Man, an adaptation of Stephen King's short story that carries so little resemblance to the original, King sued them just to get rid of his name from the title.

And the movie is much better than the short story, which is pretty crap.

But Stephen King also hated The Shining so...

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

the first time i saw the movie was back when it was new, and the first viewing was ok.  I am a huge sci-fi fan and it dosent take much for me to get entertainment from even the worst of them, but on watching this movie again a couple of times, most recently a few years ago, it really has not aged well at all, in fact its a pretty dam crap movie, but nothing, nothing at all compares to how bad the lawnmowerman 2 movie was.

VampireWombat

I remember Lawnmower Man as being one of the first rated R movies I watched uncut (The First was Terminator 2, which I still can't figure out how I convinced my mom to take me to see). My parents were out of town and my brother rented it and got some pizza.
But I don't think I've watched it since.

Quintaros

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 24/10/2018 13:16:52
Quote from: LameNick on Tue 23/10/2018 22:33:13
Yup, The Lawnmower Man, an adaptation of Stephen King's short story that carries so little resemblance to the original, King sued them just to get rid of his name from the title.

And the movie is much better than the short story, which is pretty crap.

But Stephen King also hated The Shining so...

The short story isn't anything special but King was still right to sue.  It's disingenuous of the movie studio to buy the film rights of a minor short story just to use the title and King's name in the marketing.  I know that the movie rights for a novel called "Blade Runner" were purchased just so the title could be used for the adaptation of "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep " but in that scenario they weren't using the authors name to sell the picture.

Snarky

I guess "The Lawnmower Man" is catchier than "Evil Flowers for Algernon â€" in VR!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk