Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

VampireWombat

That's... Killjoy, isn't it?

Danvzare

Quote from: VampireWombat on Thu 01/11/2018 15:06:39
That's... Killjoy, isn't it?
You got it!
Bonus points if you can guess the specific film in the franchise.

VampireWombat

I'm honestly not sure if I made it through the 2nd. So, nope. Sure, I own the first 3 movies, but that's only because they came on collection with all of the Puppet Master movies at the time.

This movie has at least 2 English titles.

Danvzare

Quote from: VampireWombat on Thu 01/11/2018 15:28:40
I'm honestly not sure if I made it through the 2nd. So, nope. Sure, I own the first 3 movies, but that's only because they came on collection with all of the Puppet Master movies at the time.
Ok, just for the record, it's the fourth movie "Killjoy Goes To Hell". And trust me, the fourth movie is actually a decent movie (unlike the previous three) and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to watch a dark comedy.

Hmm... The Rocky Horror Show?

dayowlron

Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

VampireWombat

Quote from: dayowlron on Thu 01/11/2018 17:47:54
Wild wild west?
I would never subject anyone to that. Especially myself.

Danvzare - Ah. Maybe one day I'll check it out.
And no, more than 2 decade newer than Rocky Horror, but it is Tim Curry.

TheFrighter

Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 01/11/2018 14:56:25
Quote from: Mandle on Wed 31/10/2018 22:49:05
Killer Klowns From Outer Space?

Also, is that an actual movie?

Not, it's 1988. A cult movie of the "camp" horror.

_

Frodo

VampireWombat

Nope. Clue was made more than a decade before this.
Here's a gif I found.

Ben X

To clarify - yes, Killer Klowns From Outer Space is an actual movie. It's pretty enjoyable, partly in a so-bad-it's-good way but it often is quite inventive and well designed.

I've never heard of the Killjoy franchise!

As for this pic, assuming you mean it's under three dccades newer than Rocky Horror, I can't find anything that obviously fits the bill, so... Ritual?

EDIT: just saw the gif - Wolf Girl?

VampireWombat

The first time I watched it on tv, it was called Wolf Girl. But the dvd I have calls it Blood Moon.
Your turn, Ben X.

Ben X

I'd been ignoring tv movies as they're not usually posted!

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/8Lb4r2w.png?1[/imgzoom]

VampireWombat

I don't see a big distinction between made for tv movies and straight to dvd movies, as long as there is a dvd release. And the Blood Moon dvd has more nudity and probably more violence than it did on tv.

Ben X

Well, I don't think straight-to-DVD movies get posted much either tbh...

dayowlron

Is that Pirates of the Plain?
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Click'd

Ben X

Cl3ck fell for my trap, dayowlron got the right answer!

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Thu 01/11/2018 18:07:19
Quote from: dayowlron on Thu 01/11/2018 17:47:54
Wild wild west?
I would never subject anyone to that. Especially myself.

WWW has a bad rep, but I rewatched it recently on cable and actually had a pretty good time with it.

I think it flopped hard because Will Smith was fresh off of "MIB" and Kevin Kline was at his height of comedic fame after "A Fish Called Wanda" and "Dave" and WWW certainly can't live up to any of those movies.

But it was so creative with all the alternate history and steampunk tech that I found it quite charming on a second look.

VampireWombat

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 01/11/2018 22:38:16
WWW has a bad rep, but I rewatched it recently on cable and actually had a pretty good time with it.

I think it flopped hard because Will Smith was fresh off of "MIB" and Kevin Kline was at his height of comedic fame after "A Fish Called Wanda" and "Dave" and WWW certainly can't live up to any of those movies.

But it was so creative with all the alternate history and steampunk tech that I found it quite charming on a second look.
I don't know... I think I'd prefer to watch a marathon of Howard the Duck, Pluto Nash, and Tank Girl.
There were just too many parts that were simply uncomfortable. Like the fact that they re-imagined a character played by a dwarf actor as Kenneth Branagh without legs in a steampunk wheelchair. And then there's the Spider Mech which Kevin Smith complained about the director wanting to have as far back as the Superman movie starring Nicholas Cage...

Click'd

Hey, no shit-talking Howard the Duck.  :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk