Sprite Jam: Idols and Heroes/Villains Mashup! 8th August - 22nd August

Started by CoffeeBob, Mon 08/08/2011 11:23:58

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeBob

Welcome, forumites and forumettes, to the brand new SPRITE JAM!

"What's the theme this time around, mr host-man CoffeeBob?", you might ask. Well, I was getting to that! :=
The theme for this round of sprite jammery is:

Your role-model, spritified as your favorite video game hero/villain (or vice versa!)
That's right! You take one cup of role-model, mix it with a cup of a favorite video game character, and presto! You have a combination of the two, the best of both worlds!
The theme can be applied in both directions, so to say. You could, for instance, take George Harrison and put him in the shoes of Guybrush, or you could dress up Marcus Fenix as Shigieru Miyamoto. Whichever way works best for you!

Other than that, there are no limitations to the theme. You may draw your mashup character low-res using 'only' the colours of the C64 palette if you like, or you may go full HD 3D-sculpting crazy! The only requirement is that it would qualify as a sprite, i.e. be usable in, for instance, the AGS engine.

You have the generous time of two weeks to come up with an idea and craft it. So, without further ado, let the games begin! ;D

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I couldn't resist this one since my role model has done so much to remind me of the greatness of the Constitution and Bill of Rights and how simply returning to the wisdom of our Founding Fathers can restore not only dignity but prosperity.

Spoiler
And who better to combine Ron Paul with than the freedom loving, hog riding tough guy Ben Throttle!?
[close]

CoffeeBob

Yay, an entry! :D
Nice work as always, ProgZmax! Let's hope this kick starts a round of awesome entries (we wouldn't want the Sprite Jam to wither away, now would we?) ;D

CoffeeBob

When there's only one candidate, there's only one choice. ;)

Thank you, ProgZ, for your great entry, and congratulations for winning this round of Sprite Jammery!
Not only have you won the contest, but you get to host the next one too!
See you all next Jam..! ;D

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk