LUGAR ERRADO - A Post Apocalyptic Point'n Click Adventure Game

Started by fireapache, Thu 13/11/2014 05:23:22

Previous topic - Next topic

fireapache

LUGAR ERRADO
A Post Apocalyptic Point'n Click Adventure Game
by AdventureArts

Plot

Earth, 2095. After the global environmental crisis that put an end to life as we know it, a huge corp named UNION tries to restore global society... or so they say. A man, born and raised in the New Era, finds a lost document that could change everything, but who could be ready to know it?

Nobody in the safe post-cataclysm colony of Tsamp would believe him or his claims, brainless lambs. When the police came after him he knew it had hit the fan. He fled, finding more than what he could ever wish for.

Then the dilemma. Two paths, unfolded before him. One side, lunatic harbinger, on the other side, the Great Outside.
Which way, doc?

... it's your choice.

Team

Rafael G. Costa (Scripting and Game designing)
Vinícius R. dos Santos (Programming and Music Composing)
João Neto (Consulting and Brainstorming)
A.A. Hennig (Art Directing)

Some Details

We've started to develop the script thinking about some aspects that are not often used in videogame plots, we want to deliver something that people would still talk about after finishing the game. So, based on this, we came up with the plot written above. It's not a simple story, we want to add a bit of philosophy to it so everything that happen in-game has relation with some philosophical discussion.

And around that, there's an oldschool adventure game with puzzles based on a combination of old and future technologies, like IBM PCs in the middle of the desert and an advanced palm computer that the protagonist carries and talks to. There's also some dangerous plants that the players got to be careful of when interacting, they do a good job killing people with their toxic gases.

We have the know-how to develop a very nice experience using the AGS engine, since Vinícius, our programmer, is a computer scientist and is working on the game industry developing games like Project ApocalipZ. Rafael is an old school gamer, administrator of the ScummBR translation community and he's also graduated on Computer Science. João is that kind of person you can chat for hours and end up with millions of ideas to implement in a game, he's got a vast experience in media and philosophy, we can always count on him to help with the brainstorming sessions. Hennig was over the years a member of different art and writing groups, including leadership of other project stuff. She truly has the passion for words and pixels and has started to setup her own little kingdom now. On this project, we are working togehter and who knows about future developments.

We plan to develop the full game if we get a good feedback on the DEMO version that is being developed now and we may release it at the beginning of 2015. We have the GDD and everything planned to make it happen.

Here's a quick alpha version with 3 backgrounds for testing: Dropbox

GDD pages: 1 2 3

Video of the prototype application!

Images

selmiak

Matti

This looks very nice. Godd luck with finishing it, I hope you find a decent pixel artist.

Can't wait for the demo!

Cassiebsg

Looking great!
Hope you find an artist soon, it's a bit disturbing seeing Full Throttle walking around there. :p

Boa sorte! :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

fireapache

Thank you people, we are pretty excited to finish this game!

... but we still need an artist to draw the backgrounds. We would like someone who knows the point'n click genre, that's why we are searching here!

:=

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: fireapache on Mon 17/11/2014 14:38:45... but we still need an artist to draw the backgrounds. We would like someone who knows the point'n click genre, that's why we are searching here!

The game is being made in AGS though, right?

fireapache

Hey guys, this thread made me >finally< to register.

Well fireapache I guess today is your lucky day. I am in, if you wanna have me of course. And I never giving easy an "yes", but I like your project. Sounds you guys have a mission going on, something more deep. But where do I put my manners. May I introduce myself... I am an adventuress by heart, looking back at long years of experience of several art styls, writing of literature related stuff and many other things. So you could call me a practitioner in this two fields. My spanish is a bit rusty, but it should work out since this languages are related. I am native German and developing English and Arabic further and further. So looks like you got yourself an all-round talent caugth.

Let me know what you guys decide.

By the way nice sketch, looks good so far on 32-bit alpha 800x600 px scroll screen.
greetings

fireapache

==================== [NEWS] ====================

People, I have to announce that adventuress start to work with us, she's a very talented person and already began to work on the beckgrounds for the demo version!

We don't have a launch date yet, but we are thinking to release it at the beginning of 2015.

After that we'll observe the feedback and then decide if the full version may be developed.

Thanks! ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk