Recoloring to make it day time.

Started by Icey, Tue 16/08/2011 07:54:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

then

now

I would like to recolor this to make it seem likes it's morning out. The sky is like a blueish and a light pinkish. However every time I color it I failing. Can someone please assist me.

Icey

Can someone tell me how this is? like is there something else I can change to make it look better?

CaptainD

For a daylight scene it needs a bit of yellow coming through, then highlight the colours of individual items - tree foliage & trunks, doors etc.  (I know - this from someone who has next to no graphical ability... :=)

Icey

Ohh I see what you mean now. Thanks I'm a try this tomorrow.

abstauber

Reference pics are your friends:

http://vi.sualize.us/tinacolada23/dawn/
http://www.andrewstevensphotography.co.uk/gallery_dorset.html

Spoiler
Although I suppose, you wanted help like in the "How to color this?" Thread
[close]

CaptainD

I wasn't quite sure if the bit under the flag was supposed to be daylight or background stone, but I've tried my best with this.  There are far better artists on the board than me, but I like to dabble from time to time!!

Icey

@abstauber: Thanks for the examples. And I was sorta looking for that kinda help ;D

@CaptainD: Thanks for trying to help out. Sorta reminds of a Mario castle(I would like to see that in a mario game btw).

Icey

Tabata

I like the technic, but the screens doesn't fit to the theme â€" the way you choose the colours seems twisted for me.

You have more colour in your night screen, then in the day version (the green and red for example)!?
So if you use the second screen as night screen and add the lightbeam from the third one to the first, to use it as day version it whould be more logical for me.
There exists a saying in Germany which explains it: “At night all cats are gray!” 

Just my

Icey

That's not really a night scene. It's a war going on and the sky is full of reddish clouds and stuff.

Tabata

Quote from: Studio3 on Tue 16/08/2011 07:54:37
I would like to recolor this to make it seem likes it's morning out. The sky is like a blueish and a light pinkish.
Quote from: Studio3 on Sat 20/08/2011 07:26:40
That's not really a night scene. It's a war going on and the sky is full of reddish clouds and stuff.

Okay ...

so if the blueish/light pinkish sky is full of reddish clouds and stuff in your first screen and then the sun starts dawning and begins to shine through that clouds ... you really believe it would change the main colour to a greyish-blue?

Maybe I still don't understand something here, but fact is, you (normally) will see more of the colours from the building and trees when it becomes daylight, not less (as long as you don't have it very foggy or a spot of an extrem bright beam).

Icey

I cant explain the scene as it will take too long and its a spoiler(however some might not care)

Point is, at one point the sky is this reddish color then next its normal. I will edit it tomorrow with what you said.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk