Terminal

Started by DalePen, Sun 21/08/2011 16:15:12

Previous topic - Next topic

DalePen

Hi everyone,
I am new to AGS and this is my first time posting in the forums so I just wanted to say hello to everyone!
Okay I am currently working on my first game "Terminal" and even though it is still quite a way of completion I thought I
would post some screenshots and info about the game up.

The Story:
The game is set in the United Kingdom in London. Two scientists called Paul & Jan have been developing the worlds first
AI "ZX-1200" and after five years working on the project they are finally near completion and about to switch ZX-1200
on for the first time.
ZX-1200s systems begin powering up but when he wakes up Paul and Jan are nowhere to be found.In fact nobody anywhere is to be found and London is completely deserted! It is now up to ZX to try and find out what happened and why all the humans have disappeared.

Screenshots:

Story                       100%
Scripting                  40%
Graphics                  50%
Sound/Music            40%
Animations              30%

Tabata

What a cool first post and what a lovely robo!

Looking forward to your game to play it â€" Good luck with your project!

Zenger

Hi DalePen,   ;D ;D Welcome!!!  ;D ;D

Your project sounds very interesting  and it looks fantastic  ;D, looking forward to seeing more  ;D

Regards

Guybrush Nosehair

I'm usually completely against the use of photographs as backgrounds in AGS games, but you've somehow managed to do so REALLY well. It totally creates a great atmosphere! This project sounds really exciting, and I'll be sure to follow the progress.

Dualnames

Quote from: grim107 on Sun 21/08/2011 21:16:01
I'm usually completely against the use of photographs as backgrounds in AGS games, but you've somehow managed to do so REALLY well. It totally creates a great atmosphere! This project sounds really exciting, and I'll be sure to follow the progress.

Grim107 couldn't have said it better. I was about to go "meh", but this is really interesting. Looking forward to something playable.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

DalePen

Quote from: grim107 on Sun 21/08/2011 21:16:01
Thanks a lot for the feedback, I appreciate it. Yeah I was actually against using photographs myself at first because I thought characters and objects etc would just stand out way too much and it would just look kinda fake and ruin the atmosphere. So I spent around 2 months through trial and error trying to make the photos look more game like and add to the atmosphere rather than take away from it. I'm really trying to give the game a movie feel especially with the music and sound effects that im working on at the moment.

Calin Leafshade

I've been to london. There are almost no fully sentient robots there.

pmartin

The photographs looks really great.  And you managed to make them fit the game premiss perfectly. The grey colour scheme really helps creating the 'emptiness' feel without looking way too much manipulated.

Great job.

NickyNyce

Yeah, It's got a Tommyknockers kinda feel to it.....good luck with it, steering little robots is always fun.

kconan

Welcome to the board.  Being pro-robot myself, I look forward to seeing what this turns into.  Good luck!

m0ds

Welcome. Good looking stuff. Are the backgrounds all photos, or some of it 3D renders? Couldn't quite tell with that shot from inside the cinema. I will certainly keep an eye on this.

M

DalePen

Quote from: Mods on Tue 23/08/2011 12:19:54
Welcome. Good looking stuff. Are the backgrounds all photos, or some of it 3D renders? Couldn't quite tell with that shot from inside the cinema. I will certainly keep an eye on this.

M
Hi and thanks, they are actually a mixture of both, I start with a basic photograph and then start adding graphics and effects to each shot so when the game is completed im aiming for it to be quite hard to tell that they where originally photos and hopefully give it a kinda unique feel.   

CaptainD

Looking good!   ;D

I was just wondering if the robot's name referenced anything in particular - obviously "ZX" is the CPU range of the dear old Speccy, but does the 1200 refer to anything in particular?

DalePen

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 23/08/2011 14:59:06
Looking good!   ;D

I was just wondering if the robot's name referenced anything in particular - obviously "ZX" is the CPU range of the dear old Speccy, but does the 1200 refer to anything in particular?
Well your right! the ZX is the old Speccy and The 1200 is the old Amiga 1200, I just mixed together the names of my 2 favorite computers when I was a kid.....shows how old I am!

CaptainD

Ah, I forgot the Amiga 1200... should've realised!  ::)

Remember:
- Being old enough to have owned a 16-bit computer does not make you old
- Being old enough to have owned an 8-bit computer does not make you old
- Having owned a ZX81 when you were a kid does not make you old!

Just for fun, you should include a mini-game based on 3D Monster Maze!  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk