Cold Virtual Beer (Using the famous TCP/IP Plugin + Source code available)

Started by Dualnames, Mon 19/07/2010 16:04:09

Previous topic - Next topic

LGM

You. Me. Denny's.

tzachs

This looks very promising indeed... I logged in and had a look, pity I was all alone in there...

Stupot

Dualnames

Quote from: Stupot on Sat 24/07/2010 16:33:28
Quote from: LGM on Sat 24/07/2010 08:22:59
The server is full :(

Yeh I get that too :(  How many people can it hold?

11-12
if you adjust a variable at the source up to infinite -1. You get that cause you probably didn't really manage to connect. Try your own local ip (if it works your character will triple)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

LGM

You. Me. Denny's.

Dualnames

Quote from: LGM on Sun 25/07/2010 08:26:18
I don't know what that means :(

On the connect button, enter your local IP. If you haven't blocked the program via the firewall, you will manage to see three of you stacked one behind the other. My local IP is 192.168.1.6 or 5. Assuming that the server is full happens because you haven't really connected anywhere.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Stupot

I can get the guy to triple when I put in the IP that Hamachi has given me...
But If I try to enter your I get "10060 can not connect to [your IP]"

And I still get "The network appears to be full" no matter how many times I try to join your existing network.

And I can't get the drawing board to work either :(

Jim Reed

If Dualnames is offline, any of you can come to the ags IRC channel, and I'll set up a game and talk you through the process of connecting.

Dualnames

The drawing boards just needs middle mouse to activate/deactivate
And left click draws black
right click draws white

LGM

You. Me. Denny's.

Dualnames

Quote from: LGM on Sun 25/07/2010 19:48:26
No no, the HAMACHI network is full..

I actually realized that, a little too late, now it shouldn't be.

Yuri Patrick

Alright. I searched for the original TCP/IP plugin thread and was brought here...

I was wondering, is the TCP/IP plugin high-level only or would it be capable of handling a connection to a Telnet server? Or would I need to write another plugin, a telnet plugin or something for it to be able to communicate with my game server?

Hercule Poirot

Hello!
I like this idea and I would really like to study the source or download the project, but all the links are dead. :~(
Please, could you re-upload it or send it to me by e-mail?
Thanks! (roll)

EDIT: Never mind, I found it myself!
Here's the link if anyone wants it:
Click here to download

Yuri Patrick

I know that this topic is horribly old, but I am still interested in trying to get some MMO technology going here inside of AGS.

Does anyone still have a copy of the source code for the TCP/IP Plugin itself? I use to have it, it use to be all over the place, and now it is very difficult to find. If you still have the source code to the plugin itself, would you please post a link or email it to me?

Icey

Monsieur OUXX

yep, definitely. The "AGS chat client" system is still one bit more recent, stable and easy to use than the TCP/IP plugin --even though CVB was great in its time! What we still need is a system to exchange sprites between clients ;)

Sledgy

Smb got copy of this game and plugin? (links are dead)

And there's another way to do multiplayer (net play) in AGS?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Sledgy on Sun 21/09/2014 08:57:21
Smb got copy of this game and plugin? (links are dead)

And there's another way to do multiplayer (net play) in AGS?

Answered your PM, for others, there's a new Sockets for AGS by WyZ:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=48937.0
Open source project that uses it:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=50165.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk