Another Plugin: SpriteFont Renderer. Native Bitmap Fonts.

Started by Calin Leafshade, Fri 02/09/2011 21:30:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Calin Leafshade

The setglyph functions are generated by a helper program based on a metrics xml file. parsing the file at runtime was beyond the scope of the plugin.

It's possible that a helper function of some kind could reduce the code required tho.

Knox

I'd like to re-download this plugin but the link seems to be broken. Would anyone have a copy somewhere?
--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

JSH

*edit nevermind, better link below :)

Khris

Could you upload the helper programs, too?

Or could you, Calin?

Somebody?

Calin Leafshade

I managed to find the original archive from my server dump and reuploaded it. It should have all the helper programs and shit in it.

http://www.sanctuary-interactive.com/~steve/agspritefont2.zip

Daniel Thomas

Does this work with D3D? I know the obvious answer would be 'no' since I get the error message saying it doesn't, but I don't see it mentioned in the post - so hoping that I might have overlooked something?
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Calin Leafshade

There's no reason it shouldnt work in D3D...

Whats the error?

Daniel Thomas

When trying the SpriteFontTest.exe with D3D I get this right before the text should appear:

in "room1.asc",line 5
from "room1.asc",line 28
Error: This plugin is not compatible with the Direct3D driver

Calin Leafshade

Daniel Thomas

When trying with DD5 the first text-message is a Display(), based on what text message say.

JJS

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Tue 22/01/2013 09:35:28
Which function is causing that error?
Probably engine->GetVirtualScreen(). It is not possible to get the screen contents when using the D3D driver. Funnily enough, the function is called in the plugin but the result is never used.
Ask me about AGS on PSP, Android and iOS! Source, Daily builds

Calin Leafshade

Yes, I thought there shouldnt be any good reason why it doesnt work in D3D.. and theres is the no-good reason.

Easy enough to fix. I will do so when i am next at home unless the miraculous happens and someone fixes it before me.

Sslaxx

Any way of setting the font colour used separate from the sprite? So if you wanted it displayed in black, it would be?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Lake A.

Hi!
This plugin is fantastic, I've just downloaded the files and run the exe... But I can't see a way to install the plugin. It looks there are not scm files.
I know, excuse me but I'm new and I can't speak English very well so I can't understand everything! Thanks! :)

Khris

scm files are script modules; plugins are dll files.
Four of them are from the SpriteFont program, you only need "apsspritefont.dll".
With AGSEditor not running, copy it into the same dir. Then open your game. The plugin should now appear in the project tree. Right-click it and click on "Use this plugin".

Calin Leafshade

Quote from: Sslaxx on Thu 24/01/2013 15:14:41
Any way of setting the font colour used separate from the sprite? So if you wanted it displayed in black, it would be?

Not currently but I dont see any reason why that wouldnt be possible.

Lake A.

Thanks, Khris!
Now... I'm sorry, but I have another problem. I used the exe files, I made the metric file and the sprite font. Then I loaded it in AGS Sprites, and I copied the code in game start function, but it still doesn't work. Where's the mistake?... Thanks!

Khris

Pretty difficult to see the mistake without looking at your code, right...?

Daniel Thomas

Out of curiosity, any updates on this?
Sslaxx suggestion sound great(if I even understood it correctly), and if it would use the color of the character text color setting it would be the icing on the cake IMO. :)

Calin Leafshade

Sorry I completely forgot.

I'll pull the repo tomorrow when my NEW COMPUTER arrives and I'll see if I can add colouring and fix the D3D problem on my NEW COMPUTER.

NEW COMPUTER

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk