The AGS Bake Sale --- $4191.98 Dollars Raised :D

Started by Ponch, Sat 22/10/2011 03:30:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Lads! One of us HAS to say something! Ponch! Remember, I'm right by your side!

Calin Leafshade

I admin servers for a living so I'd be happy to help.

Of course I know i am still an untrusted newbie on these forums so perhaps Darth might be a good choice.

Ghost

This needs discussion, and we can't do that right now because each time I get a PM I'm down to the limit. This is frustrating.

Darth Mandarb

Server admin stuff is not my area of expertise!  Not only that but my biggest problem (the reason I'm not making a game for the bake sale) is free time!  I have none these days it seems.

But I do love the idea of deputies ... giving somebody else a modicum of control to prevent bottle necks when Chris isn't available!

I wouldn't mind being involved in the website revamp part though ... even if just a small part :)

Calin Leafshade

oh sorry i thought it was... although now i think more carefully about it i'm not sure why...

Ponch

Quote from: Pumaman on Mon 24/10/2011 21:30:27
Guys, you're awesome  :)

Hooray! Somebody found the pub where Chris was sleeping it off. \o/

Thanks, CJ. I'm glad you didn't shut us down out of hand -- it was a concern. After all you've done for us, this was the least we could do for you. And we were certain that you were using an old Vic-20 as a server, so a new server seemed the obvious thing.

However, if that isn't the case, then what do we do with the money raised?

I can think of only one thing to do at the moment:

We extend the time to work on the AGS Bake Sale to January 1st. That will give everyone a little more time to work on their games and enjoy the holidays while we come up with a new way to save the world.

What do you think, guys? Good idea? Or good-est idea ever?  :=

Ghost

Seems there's going to be a (slight) change of plans, so yes.
My marshmallows might get a bit stale though.  ;)

Ponch

Quote from: Ghost on Mon 24/10/2011 22:30:47
Seems there's going to be a (slight) change of plans

Only if the other bakers think we should. I'm sure a good case could be made for bumping the deadline back a few weeks, for several perfectly valid reasons. But if you're just dying to get your game out the door in six weeks instead of eight, we could always do that instead.

I'm all for letting the bakers decide.

Ghost

Yes, that's what I meant. BTW cave is open again. Sorry for being all confused.

What I WANTED to say was: Sale still stands, money still will be spend for community.
Talk will happen, which will take time, so an extended deadline is fine by me.

Ryan Timothy B

So... the money isn't going to AGS anymore?

Igor Hardy

There's no new goal set yet.  But I'm sure it's just a temporary state and the money won't be lost.

If it will be something for AGS, it could be for instance paying to create features for new AGS versions.

Ponch

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 24/10/2011 22:41:46

Too early to tell. CJ says he doesn't need a new server, that the 486 DX2 he's got is just fine ;-)

So we'll have to look for a new goal. AGS related, I hope. Or maybe we can raise some money for a worth charity and donate it in the name of the AGS Community or something.

This calls for a secret meeting! Bakers! To the PM box!  :=

cat

Or we just give away the games for free, as some kind of tribute to CJ all the time he has spent for AGS and the community over the years.

Layabout

The money should go to buying CJ a Russian bride.
I am Jean-Pierre.

Ghost

Quote from: cat on Mon 24/10/2011 22:49:53
Or we just give away the games for free, as some kind of tribute to CJ all the time he has spent for AGS and the community over the years.

I don't know... that would be just a normal release then. Cat, can you *nudge* try the cave again? We're all out of PMs.

Ponch

Cat! We're shining the Cat Signal into the night sky! We need you!  ;)

Radiant

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 24/10/2011 22:41:46

I think we should buy embroidered mittens with a blue cup on them, for all forum regulars.

Well, that or donate it to the American Girl Scouts, of course :P

monkey0506

I'm terribly jealous that nobody invited me to be part of this secret society. :-\

Also, if we just gave the games away, I'm with Ghost, that would just be a Winterlease Something!. I mean a Summerlease Something and a Winterlease Something wouldn't be a horrible idea I think so long as they didn't become so frequent as to defeat the purpose and destroy the submission base.

But this Bake Sale is a good idea. Let's not toy with that. We'll figure out where the funds go when we figure out where they're needed, but the sale must go on! I'd actually propose we make this like a bi-annual thing. Annual might be too frequent for this particular event. Maybe not. Or maybe. Or...maybe not.

2 Replies while I was posting? Ah...whatever. :P

Ghost

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Mon 24/10/2011 23:17:15
But this Bake Sale is a good idea. Let's not toy with that. We'll figure out where the funds go when we figure out where they're needed, but the sale must go on! I'd actually propose we make this like a bi-annual thing. Annual might be too frequent for this particular event. Maybe not. Or maybe. Or...maybe not.

Amen to that, yeah. We're bound to find something the community can use. If supersecret leather-pants wearing bakers with Kryptonite in the form of PMs can't do that, well... we'll just need the Teenage Mutant Ninja Pants! monkey, you got a bandana somewhere?

LRH

So there's a good chance I might have been a bit slow on the uptake. Just out of curiosity, if I were to finish my game (that I was working on before all this came up) before December 15th, could I enter it in this lovely bake sale?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk