The AGS Bake Sale --- $4191.98 Dollars Raised :D

Started by Ponch, Sat 22/10/2011 03:30:27

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

The new additions are lovely, Darth, beautiful work :D

Good timing, too, Igor and I have been promoting it on Twitter  :=

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Sun 15/01/2012 17:23:45Nice, though a few of them are missing the title, or have the Author part to far up..

Fixed!  Thanks :)

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Sun 15/01/2012 17:30:20The new additions are lovely, Darth, beautiful work :D

Thanks!

I have added a previous/next button to each popup so you can cycle through the game synopsiseses without having to close each one.

Tabata

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Sun 15/01/2012 17:41:30
I have added a previous/next button to each popup so you can cycle through the game synopsiseses without having to close each one.

GREAT -  works like a charm!

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: m0ds on Sun 15/01/2012 14:49:32Also, payment system? Out of curisoty? Will it handle paypal payments, will there be a transaction fee? Etc :)

I am not sure if it does PayPal (or transaction fees).  It's a company called BMT who we got the hook-up through Mr. Gilbert (I believe they handle the WEG sales as well).  He can answer better'n I can but I didn't want to ignore your question señor Mark :)

Ponch

First post updated with webzone info.  Thanks, Darth. :D

Radiant

Looking good!

Well done, to all the bakers!

Frodo

Excellent work on the site Darth (despite you not liking the only browser worth bothering about).
And of course, big congrats to all the bakers   :=  

Will we be able to pay in our own currency?  That way, we know exactly how much we're giving, instead of trying to figure it out in a foreign currency.   ???

Stupot

If it's not too much effort, Darth, (and if you think it'll be worth it) how about a little box for people to put their email address, so they can be sent a reminder when the bake sale opens?  I just have nightmares of people clicking on it, going 'ooh this looks interesting, I'll come back in 5 days' and then forgetting about it.

Wyz

I don't know if this was said anywhere but what payment options will there be?
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

tzachs

This is possibly the best looking website ever created!  :D

Peder 🚀

Ghost

I see the bannermania has already caught on. So let's spread it! Want to support the Sale? Put some BLUE in your sig!

Feel free to edit or personalize!

LGM

Bravo!

For you AGSers who also Reddit, here's a link you can upvote! http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/oik85/support_childs_play_charity_ags_bake_sale_bundle/

For the record, while citing you can "pay what you want" is fairly accurate, some people might be interested in why there is a 1.50 minimum. For transparency, you may want to explain what this charge is and where it goes? Not that I personally care, but internet people are notoriously scrutinous.
You. Me. Denny's.

Peder 🚀

LGM, I'm assuming it has to do with bmtmicro.com being used and possible fees related to them.
I assume the price is set to $1.50 minimum to make sure every payment gives some money to Child's Play.

I would of thought the obvious and best way to do the payment system would have been to hook up a paypal system that would transfer the money directly to Child's Play's paypal account.

Darth Mandarb

Okay...

I have added an "email list" option to the website.  (it's under the main monitor image before the explanatory text... you can't really miss it!)

Everybody feel free to sign up :)

Ponch

I've signed up. It would be terribly embarrassing to miss a sale I'm a part of.  ;)

Frodo

Signed up for the email reminder   :)

Can't wait for this   ;D

Icey

Why you no like like button? think about all the sharing of the site? Don't you wan't it to "get out there" so more people can buy the games ???

ShiverMeSideways

Yay, e-mail! Of course I signed up!

It would be cool to have some indication of what games have demos, at least a link on the game's pop-up page, if everyone is ok with that and if Darth would be so kind. :)

Peder 🚀

Quote from: S3 on Mon 16/01/2012 03:36:31
Why you no like like button? think about all the sharing of the site? Don't you wan't it to "get out there" so more people can buy the games ???

I dunno of a like button really would make any difference. Besides if someone really want to share the site with people all they gotta do is copy the url, no biggy.

I've also signed up! Can't wait for the 20th! :D. I'm still waiting for material for AGSA to "advertise" this :(.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk