The AGS Bake Sale --- $4191.98 Dollars Raised :D

Started by Ponch, Sat 22/10/2011 03:30:27

Previous topic - Next topic

nihilyst

Unfortunately, when I click the "understood! buy the bundle!"-button, nothing happens.

miguel

Getting the first game right now! Good job guys!
I'll have a busy week-end!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

tzachs

Wow, I was having a family dinner and missed all the drama!
I guess the website going down is a good thing.. Very exciting stuff!

Tabata

Radiant

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 20/01/2012 17:29:31
The individual downloads are there to make it easier to patch / update games if that becomes necessary.

While that is a good point, it would be convenient to the end user to also add a "download all" button. This may also decrease server load: when there are fourteen links, people are tempted to download them all simultaneously.

Also, it would really help if the download page listed file sizes. Some of these are much bigger than the others.

Finally, I'm still seeing the slashdot effect big time. The website isn't loading for me, and when I ordered I got three download links: the first didn't open, the second did but when I downloaded the games I got empty zero-byte files. However, the third does work.

Anyway, downloading now, playing tonight :)

straydogstrut

Wow, this is exciting!! Sadly I really can't treat myself until next friday - seriously - but will definitely gift myself and friends some bundles when it comes around :D

FYI, not really important but the Copyright date on the website is showing code rather than the year. I really love the website, it's fantastic :)

CaptainD

Will there be updates on the amount of money raised, or just a total when it's all finished?

cat

Awesome! I only played two games but they are great and I'm sure the others are as well.

Minor thing - after clicking "Understood" the popup should close so I can still read the pagecontent.

nihilyst

Darth Mandarb

Hey guys...

I've been making a boat-load of changes the website (most notably converting it from Coldfusion mark-up to plain ol' HTML).  So that explains some of the issues.

- The non-clickable button should be fixed and
- the button now opens in a new window which SHOULD solve the payPal problem and
- the button now causes the window to close
- the date in the footer has been updated as well (that was a coldfusion left-over)

We're working like crazy behind the scenes to keep this running.  Turns out my hosting company is a piece of junk and can't handle the traffic.  Needless to say ol' Darth is now on the hunt for a new hosting provider!!

cat

Nope, now the Buy button doesn't work at all for me.

Tabata

@cat
What about the (direct)link - posted above? It should work fine.

@Darth
No worries - you work hard to make it possible for us,
picking up all those nice stars.

Thank you for doing this!

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: cat on Fri 20/01/2012 19:33:00Nope, now the Buy button doesn't work at all for me.
What browser/version are you using (if you know the version)?

UPDATE
I think most of the problems fall back on my server being a tad on the sh*tty side :)  To circumvent such fecal-like quality we have transferred the site to Wadjet Eye's servers (thanks to the graciousness of Mr. Gilbert)!  Think of my server as a puny 3 year old kid and Dave's is a 27 year old body builder on steroids...

Let me know if there are any more problems!

cat

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Fri 20/01/2012 19:41:13
What browser/version are you using (if you know the version)?

Firefox 8.0, but now it seems to work again.

Quote from: Tabata on Fri 20/01/2012 19:37:54
@cat
What about the (direct)link - posted above? It should work fine.

I'll buy later anyway when there isn't so much traffic anymore. I'm just testing.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: cat on Fri 20/01/2012 19:54:30Firefox 8.0, but now it seems to work again.

I think I was able to duplicate the problem you were having... it wasn't fully loading the page in (my server again!) and the javascript function needed to process the button click wasn't on the page!  So if the page fully loads (Which it now should on the WEG server) it should be working fine!

SirPrimalform

They're* still trying to charge me VAT...

When does this bundle run until? I don't want to accidentally miss it while waiting for the VAT problems to be sorted.

*BMTMicro obviously, I'm not accusing Wadjet Eye of something dodgy. :P

Peder 🚀

It will be available for 6 weeks I believe..

Tabata

It' avaliable until 29th of Feb. - lot's of time to get it  ;)

I had to to pay vat, too  :P

Ishmael

You're a bunch of imcompetent morons.

I'm glad the cool people dropped out of this circus.

And to clarify, I did not say only the cool people.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk