The AGS Bake Sale --- $4191.98 Dollars Raised :D

Started by Ponch, Sat 22/10/2011 03:30:27

Previous topic - Next topic

SirPrimalform

Quote from: Tabata on Fri 20/01/2012 20:25:33
It' avaliable until 29th of Feb. - lot's of time to get it  ;)

I had to to pay vat, too  :P

As I said earlier in the thread, normally I wouldn't complain because I'm supposed to pay VAT. :P

But as far as I know I'm not supposed to be charged VAT on charity donations. Hence why I'm holding out until this is fixed... I don't want the government digging their hands into my pockets when they're not supposed to.

Dave Gilbert

It's still charging VAT? :o

I'll bug BMT again.  Obviously it's not something I can test myself.

Edit: I received a reply from BMT and they are just as mystified as I am.  Can you email me your order receipt that shows the VAT charge? (dave AT wadjeteyegames DOT com)?  Or email a screencap of it?

Ghost

Quote from: Ishmael on Fri 20/01/2012 20:29:43
You're a bunch of imcompetent morons.

I'm glad the cool people dropped out of this circus.

And to clarify, I did not say only the cool people.

Ah, a few problems are to be expected. And believe me, behind the scenes everyone's doing the best they can to make this a smooth ride.

The Bake Sale will last for a full six weeks, until February the 29th, so there is no hurry.

SirPrimalform

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Fri 20/01/2012 20:37:21
It's still charging VAT? :o

I'll bug BMT again.  Obviously it's not something I can test myself.

Edit: I received a reply from BMT and they are just as mystified as I am.  Can you email me your order receipt that shows the VAT charge? (dave AT wadjeteyegames DOT com)?  Or email a screencap of it?

Well I haven't actually put it through because I keep backing off to see if it gets fixed. I can send you a screenshot of it applying the VAT if you like?

Pre-post EDIT: I'm stupid!

While getting the screenshot, I've just realised what's happening. It's listing 20% VAT as a thing I'm going to be charged, and then charging me nothing. So it looks like it is fixed.

Not sure at what point it changed because the last few times I refreshed, I was looking for the VAT listing to disappear or change to 0% rather than actually looking at what it was trying to charge me. Sorry for carrying on complaining about something that was already fixed!

Dave Gilbert

Aha!  That makes sense. :)  And no worries, that's a very obvious thing to miss.  I'll see if they can fix it.

Stupot

@SirPrimalForm & Those still having VAT issues.  Check the amount in the VAT line.  After Dave said he'd got it sorted, I went back and it still said '20% VAT', and I was about to come back here and say that it hadn't worked, until I realised that the amount in the VAT field said £0.00, so it was actually fine.
You saw it :-)

Just played '9 Months In' and loved it.  Well done to Tzachs et al. :)

Dave Gilbert

BMT is unable to change the 20% VAT label, but they are able to move the two fields closer together so the discount is much more obvious.

If you have any other issues or problems let me know!

Peder 🚀

They should also fix the issue that if you are not watching the prices in USD the price you put in is still USD, which really makes no sense.

Ilyich

Sweet! Bought it without any problems, already finished The Rail - so far so great! Looking forward to playing the rest of the games (right now) :P

Well done, guys, congratulations and thanks! Hope it goes great! :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Some lucky kids just got $20 of my money, and all I got were some games!

Spectreincarnate

Bought! Some of these look really good! I still have to download them all, but I don't have the room on the laptop.. I'll wait to grab the main computer a little later.
Also, I spread the word to my friends. ^_^

ThreeOhFour

Thanks for the generosity everybody! It's great to see your support!

It's been a rough start, but it's great to have people playing the games :D

Icey

Might have already been said but when I wen't to go try and get the bundle the price was free?

Peder 🚀

You gotta put in the price you want to pay Icey..

Icey

poc301

Really enjoyed playing Falling Skyward.  Half way or so through 9 Months.  This is a great bundle.  Well done all.

Spectreincarnate

I just posted on the Adventure Gamers facebook page, as well. (Yeah, that was me.) Hopefully they'll spread the word to their 4000 fans!

...Now I wonder if the server will die? o_o

Ponch

Quote from: Ishmael on Fri 20/01/2012 20:29:43
You're a bunch of imcompetent morons.

I'm glad the cool people dropped out of this circus.

And to clarify, I did not say only the cool people.

Thanks, Ishmael.  :D

And thanks to everyone else for supporting us too. This is turning into an even bigger success than we had dared hope.  ;D

(deleted)

(deleted)

Ponch

Cool. I thought Darth's choice of monitor was nicely retro. But I never thought how it would reflect on us as a community. Clearly, we are even cooler than I thought.  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk