The AGS Bake Sale --- $4191.98 Dollars Raised :D

Started by Ponch, Sat 22/10/2011 03:30:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

Haha that's great!  My original design was a nice big flat screen monitor but I thought to myself, "yeah but we make old-school games... should be on an old-school monitor!"

I considered finding a way to make it flicker like it was operating at 85hz under a florescent bulb but thought that might be pushing it ;)

Frodo

Ponch

Thanks, Frodo!  :D

I see from your MyFace page that you're a fan of Kiss Meets The Phantom of the Park, Dr. Giggles, and General Hospital. You are a complicated woman.  ;)

Frodo

Hehe.  A complicated woman, with complicated tastes.   :P
To complicate matters, General Hospital isn't shown in UK ( :(), so I have to watch it on YouTube.   :=

Frodo

(Sorry for the double-post, I coudn't add the quote to my last post.  Can someone combine posts please?)

Quote from: nihilyst on Fri 20/01/2012 18:52:47
Unfortunately, when I click the "understood! buy the bundle!"-button, nothing happens.

I'm getting the same.  Nothing happens when I click on 'Understood.  Buy the bundle.'

Is it possible to fix this?  Not everyone who goes to the Bake Sale site will come from here - a lot of people will see links displayed elsewhere (other sites, facebook etc).  If they click on the Buy link, and nothing happens, they won't know what to do.   :(

EDIT:  Bought my bundle through this link - https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=6694&PRODUCTID=66940013
Thanks Tabata.   ;D

Ponch

Quote from: Frodo on Sat 21/01/2012 04:43:19
Quote from: nihilyst on Fri 20/01/2012 18:52:47
Unfortunately, when I click the "understood! buy the bundle!"-button, nothing happens.

I'm getting the same.  Nothing happens when I click on 'Understood.  Buy the bundle.'

Hmm. Odd. This sounds like a job for Darth Mandarb! I must sent up the Darth Signal. And hopefully, when he wakes up, he'll see it and tell us what's going on.

Anyhoo, thanks for buying a bundle, Frodo. I hope you like it. I hear 9 months in goes will with General Hospital. In Search of the Sweets Tin is much more in the vein of Phantom of the Park though. ;)

Dualnames

So far what I've played, and finished.

Fragment - FANTASTIC
Rail - Fantastic
Zombie Attack - Needs more cowbell! (it's only drawback :PPPPPPP)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Dualnames on Sat 21/01/2012 07:52:55
Fragment - FANTASTIC

:D

So far I've completed the following (not counting the 3 I'd already played through before):

The Rail - stylish, and I got the best ending first :D
Red Volition - oh man, this was totally great! Some of those skills took a while to figure out too, I thought it was well balanced.
Escape the Barn - especially enjoyed all the little animations in this one!
Entrapment - moody and tense, and some of the puzzles kept me going for a while. Nice that you can choose an ending!
RAM Ghost - got a little addicted to this and kept doing the "one more upgrade" thing. Impressive that this was coded in such a short time!

So far, so good! :D

Wesray

Wohoo! Great work everyone, getting the bundle done! :D

Currently downloading the games - there goes another productive weekend! :)
THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

CaptainD

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 21/01/2012 02:19:18Clearly, we are even cooler than I thought.  8)

Wait... how is that even possible?!?  ??? 8) 8) ;D

Ghost

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 21/01/2012 12:00:56
Quote from: Ponch on Sat 21/01/2012 02:19:18Clearly, we are even cooler than I thought.  8)
Wait... how is that even possible?!?  ??? 8) 8) ;D

Two words: Leather. Pants.

ThreeOhFour

Man, I've kept my leather pants on this whole time.

It's not that I don't want to take them off... just that I can't  :D

Peder 🚀

BTW, the Red Volition manual is messed up, looking for folders and files that aren't there etc. Probably worth having a look at!

Stupot

I'm just going down the list in alphabetical order.  So far I've only played:

'9 Months In' - which is a brilliant little mystery, but I only got 81/100 and a weird ending.  Can't wait to play it again soon and aim for 100 and see if I get more explanation.

'Abner the Amazing' - Which is hilarious!  I wished it could have been a longer adventure where you collect the colours one by one.  Maybe something to think about for 'Abner the Deluxe' ;)

And I'm underway with 'Barn Runner' - A lot of talking so far, but the dialogue is very funny, so that's not a problem.

I'm technically not supposed to be playing games as I have 2 exams next week, but I'll comment on each game as and when I play them.  I'm looking forward to trying them all, but the one I'm looking forward to most is 'Red Volition'  :D

Tabata

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 21/01/2012 15:19:54
'9 Months In' - which is a brilliant little mystery, but I only got 81/100 and a weird ending.  Can't wait to play it again soon and aim for 100 and see if I get more explanation.

Same here, but no time to do it again right now
â€" it has to be done later ...

What to choose next, where to click? 
-   Soo many facinating cakes on my HD â€"
             ... busy, busy ...

Chicky

Awesome, i donated 50% of my weekly monies to the BakeSale - £10  :=

Starting 9 Months In now!

Spectreincarnate

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 21/01/2012 15:31:36
Same here, as well, and I also had around 80-ish points and got a strange, abrupt ending. I think I understand what the officer was trying to say to her, though. Heh.. irony.

selmiak

escape the barn just crashed while putting the plate under the cow.  :(
I was playing with 2x antialiased filter. I got the following items and errorscreen:

not crashing while playing again though.

Ponch

I still haven't unlocked the 100% ending in 9 Months In either. But on the other hand, I did unlock the perfect ending in Barn Runner, so I've got that going for me.  ;)

Thanks for the support everyone. I can tell you guys that the gossip coming from the kitchen is that we raised a very nice amount of money on our first day and sales continue to be strong. The average donation is about 4 dollars or so and we're rapidly closing in on the two thousand dollar mark.  :D

To be honest, I was hoping we would raise maybe three hundred dollars (five hundred if we were very lucky), and we surpassed that mark in the first few hours! I can't tell you how pleased I am.

On behalf of all the bakers, I want to thank you guys for showing us such great support. You guys are wonderful.  :-*

tzachs

Thank you guys for playing (and hopefully enjoying) the game!  :D
I hope you'll be able to reach the complete ending eventually, who knows, maybe it will be less weird if you do..  ;)

Quote from: Spectreincarnate on Sat 21/01/2012 15:57:53
Quote from: Tabata on Sat 21/01/2012 15:31:36
Same here, as well, and I also had around 80-ish points and got a strange, abrupt ending. I think I understand what the officer was trying to say to her, though. Heh.. irony.
@Spectreincarnate Maybe you understand, but you won't know for sure, now, would you?
Though I think you do understand, and if you do then it's indeed a wonderful example of irony... 

As for the rest of the bake sale, I'm enjoying the games immensely! I'll probably respond in each of the threads when they come up (if they do come up).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk