[COMPLETE] BAKE SALE: 9 Months In

Started by tzachs, Sat 22/10/2011 10:02:30

Previous topic - Next topic

tzachs

The AGS BAKE SALE Presents:

The Story

Life is hard when you're a prisoner, wrongly accused.
When you're pregnant in prison, life can be even harder.
You will want to give up.
But when you are then accused of a new crime, the murder of one of the inmates,
you finally get the desire to fight back, and prove your innocence once and for all!

The Screenshots

The Team
Background Art- gameboy.
Character Art- noavana.
Cast- noavana, Saren, cat, Ron Anshel, Mati Goldstein, Reut Goldstein.
Testing- david, Ron Anshel, cat, Ponch, Saren, gameboy.

Modules- Tween (by Edmundito), Smooth Scroll (by Ali) and Credits (by SSH).

The Cause
This dark cookey is part of the AGS BAKE SALE.

ThreeOhFour

What a unique, interesting and lovely looking game! I don't think I've ever encountered a character in a game like this before.

Looking forward to it very much!

Tabata

You three seem to be a cool team!

It will be my first time to play a pregnant and for the most if not all of the males I assume  ::)

Looking forward to this experience and to the reports of all the male players afterwards  :D
(... good to know, there is a female in the team ;) )

Matt Frith

Wow, I don't think I have seen a pregnant protagonist in an AGS game before.  What a lovely idea.  The backgrounds and characters look great, well done everyone!

WHAM

The life of a pregnant woman in jail as a theme in a videogame.
I don't see how this could go wrong. ONWARDS, TO HILARITY!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

tzachs

@ThreeOhFour: Thanks Ben, that means a lot. I hope I can live up to the expectations.

@Tabata: Thank you. I am always striving to have a female on the team to get some female perspective
(and always the same female).  ;D

@Tier: Thanks, indeed there is some beautiful artwork in there...

@WHAM: Thanks, but I must have done something wrong if you're expecting hilarity from this game!  :o
This is going to be a dark, dark game.

WHAM

Quote from: tzachs on Sat 22/10/2011 12:43:16
@WHAM: Thanks, but I must have done something wrong if you're expecting hilarity from this game!  :o
This is going to be a dark, dark game.

I guess my sarcasm didn't show too well. I was merely implying that in a modern day gaming climate, a game about a pregnant woman in jail has an incredible tendency to go wrong in oh so many ways. No worries, though, I don't think an AGS game of this sort has much tendency to fall towards mindless fetal violence and placenta jokes... I hope...  ;D
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

tzachs

Quote from: WHAM on Sat 22/10/2011 12:45:44
No worries, though, I don't think an AGS game of this sort has much tendency to fall towards mindless fetal violence and placenta jokes... I hope...  ;D
Well, not anymore...  :-\
Back to the drawing board.  ;)

Grundislav

This is probably the most original and twisted idea of the whole set. Really looking forward to it!

Snarky

I never knew I desperately wanted to play an adventure game as a pregnant inmate, but it turns out that I do. Looking nice, tzachs!

qptain Nemo

Needless to say, this sounds intriguing. Don't screw up such an interesting premise! ;)

tzachs

@Grundislav: Thanks, those kind of comments make me very happy indeed, especially when the come from BEN F**KIN' JORDAN!

@Snarky: Well, thank you, mr solicitor, but please, less talk and more work! I desperately need to play your piece of perfectness!

@qptain Nemo: Thanks, I actually cry myself to sleep every night with that very thought!
I feel like I can do comedy ok, but making something like this work is a real challenge...

Ponch

So THIS is what you were working on behind the scenes. Looks very dark and unsettling, man. I'm intrigued to see where you go with this.

Baron

Looks like you've got a little something in the oven for the Bakesale....

Dualnames

tzachs and noa: I really loved your office shenanigans and I'm glad you're again working on a game. Character art looks nice, so good job on that noa. And tzachs as well. Also thumbs up to gameboy, that is doing some great job there.

Count me as hooked :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Grim

Love it! Best of the lot for me! ( but they're all great) ;)

Ilyich

This sounds really dark. Also - quite original, well thought out and intriguing.
And the graphics look absolutely great - bleak, atmospheric, stylish and functional. Interesting!

tzachs

@Ponch: Thank you! That was what I (arrrm, or gameboy) was aiming for!

@Baron: Indeed, I took the assignment literally...  ;)

@Dualnames: YES! Dualnames is hooked, BOOM BABY! Thank you!

@Grim: Oh, stop, you're making me blush (oh wait, there's no blush emoticon in here, so let's just go with some man-lovin')  :-*

@Ilyich: Thank you! Let us hope you still think the same after you play the game...

abstauber

Sounds like an adventure game thriller at its best. The screenys also look very promising.

If the writing is as strong as it was in your certain previous game, this can only end awesome :D

tzachs

@abstauber Thanks for your support!  :D

Also, I've written in my blog about the progress of the game, if you're interested read it here.

If you're too lazy to click (yes, I'm looking at you), the short story is things are mostly progressing in a fine pace, and I'm on the lookout for voice actors (5 female parts and 2 male parts are currently open) and testers. If you're interested drop me a PM.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk