Author Topic: Venator  (Read 5807 times)  Share 

Venator
« on: 02 Nov 2011, 20:21 »
Filled the blue cup and
with the spectral essence, got the safe key and a few other items. Now for the cursors. Tried the numbers that haven't been crossed out on the calendar and also the numbers on the black board in the next room.

Bottles...
« Last Edit: 02 Nov 2011, 21:09 by sthomannch »

Re: Venator
« Reply #1 on: 03 Nov 2011, 04:18 »
I'm pretty stuck myself:

I've been in the building and found his secret wall, I have the hourglass, candlestick, chalk, doll, whiskey. I found the book (that I can't read), I lit the candle in the library, i drew the pentacle.

But:

the spirit leader keeps telling me to control my uncle and I keep saying I'll check the house. What am I looking for??

I don't see any way to proceed at this point.

SHADOW
« Last Edit: 03 Nov 2011, 05:01 by Shadow1000 »

« Reply #2 on: 03 Nov 2011, 05:58 »
Shadow
exhaust all dialogues (all spirits)
the ghost you called tells you that you have to cast a spell, but you don't know any. Your uncle does, but he doesn't tell you, because he wants that you do everything on your own
tried to burn the doll or to cut off a leg?
put the doll on the ground (hotspot) and give enough whiskey, then talk to the doll. Again, exhaust all dialogues

« Reply #3 on: 03 Nov 2011, 14:19 »
Thank you! I was able to continue.

It didn't occur to me to
try to burn the voodoo doll

Great game...really enjoying it.

SHADOW

« Reply #4 on: 03 Nov 2011, 15:08 »
Ok stuck again.

When I drew the pentacle near the coffin, the chalk disappeared. The book is telling me to draw a pentacle near the spectral puddles but I can't without chalk!

SHADOW

« Reply #5 on: 03 Nov 2011, 15:22 »
Shadow, you don't need it anymore
if you have "the stones that show the time", you can tell the puddle (talk icon) to draw a pentagram, like the druid stones explained. You also need the candle and have to light it, and for all places you need an item that originated from the time of the event in question

« Reply #6 on: 03 Nov 2011, 15:34 »
I thought that the stones referring to:

the hourglass

but putting that in the puddle does nothing....

SHADOW

« Reply #7 on: 03 Nov 2011, 15:38 »
I did
first talk to the puddle, then you should see the pentagram, place the hourglass, candle, and an item belonging to that time. Light the candle.
Perhaps
you have to go to the Druid's stone and answer all questions ("Yes, I have"). I don't know, but it could be that you have to answer correctly to get the spells, which you also need to complete the procedures

« Reply #8 on: 03 Nov 2011, 15:56 »
Ohh...

I had already tried speaking to the puddles with no luck. Then I did a few more rounds of talking to the book which I guess allowed me to talk to the puddle again. It's hard to know exactly what triggers the ability to do certain things.

SHADOW

« Reply #9 on: 03 Nov 2011, 16:08 »
Shadow
activate the book (cursor) and use it on the Druid's stone. Exhaust all dialogues, and answer yes if you have the items it asks for. Try to open the conversation again. I can only guess what ist missing

« Reply #10 on: 03 Nov 2011, 16:40 »
Yes, that's what I did prior to my post. What I was saying in the post is that I probably missed some dialog option.

Thank you!

SHADOW

« Reply #11 on: 06 Nov 2011, 11:23 »
I am stuck pretty much at the beginning.

I have opened and entered the window. I have the bone, the knife, the blue cup, the yellow paper, the voodoo doll and the schedule for the cemetary, and perhaps some other things. I can't enter the cemetery and... that's about it.

« Reply #12 on: 06 Nov 2011, 11:43 »
Nick
Do you have the medaillon? If not, go back to the library. Read everything carefully.

Look at the clock and the bust. You can act on both of them

Khris

• Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    •  
    • I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with scripting
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
« Reply #13 on: 06 Nov 2011, 17:56 »
Stuck at the same place as Nick, minus the bone.

Can't seem to do anything to the clock or the bust.

« Reply #14 on: 06 Nov 2011, 20:13 »
Perhaps you didn't read everything and didn't exhaust all dialogues
the clock can be set to 12, and you can press the buttons on the bust.

Who is to be expected at 12.00?

Tabata

• mouse-fetishist & smiley-maniac
« Reply #15 on: 06 Nov 2011, 20:16 »
Did you read the
yellow paper
You need to prepare it first.

« Reply #16 on: 07 Nov 2011, 12:33 »
I am now stuck at the safe. I can't seem to open it, and the medallion puzzle... kind of make sense, but none of the answers for the last sequence seems to be correct...

« Reply #17 on: 07 Nov 2011, 16:48 »
Nick
Did you find the key? For the cursors I suggest you examine the wine bottles

Cogliostro

• I know I forgot something?!
    • I can help with story design
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
« Reply #18 on: 08 Nov 2011, 14:20 »
How do I light the candle.  I have the motivation, the candle, and a burnign fireplace, but every time I try and light it in the fireplace, he refuses.

- Cogliostro

EDIT

I missed the matchbook on the desk!!

« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2011, 14:39 by Cogliostro »

Cogliostro

• I know I forgot something?!
    • I can help with story design
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
« Reply #19 on: 08 Nov 2011, 15:06 »

Where is the key for the safe?  I'm trying to NOT use the medallion, but I can't find that key anywhere.

- Cogliostro
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2011, 16:20 by Cogliostro »