In the house by the river: Did you find
Spoiler

the wrench? It is below the safe. Go back to the cemetry and go into the vault
[close]
Spoiler

Use the wrench on the hourglass, then the hourglass on
[close]
Spoiler

the statue in the middle. Take the key, but then you cannot leave. Put something small into the compartment
[close]
Spoiler

the nut that held the hourglass and remove the hourglass from the statue
[close]

peter

Anyone will write a walkthrough please !

gaarias

Spoiler
I am still stuck in the safe puzzle. I have the hunch many are in my situation. Being the game so fun and all, this problem is somewhat frustrating. Does anyone have the solution?

Thanks.
[close]

Darkdan

Hello gaarias,

May I ask you to clarify on which part of the puzzle you are stuck (cursors or key).

HandsFree

Stuck too.

Spoiler
Gilbert says he needs to find alcohol...
I opened the safe, found the office building and the room with the bust with a hole. But I have no key for it.
So where/how do I get alcohol?
[close]

Tabata

alcohol
You opened the save, but did you...
Spoiler
close the door of this room, too?
[close]

The key for the bust...
Spoiler
is in the same room, then the bust.
[close]

HandsFree

I had tried to do that thing for the alcohol, but he just walked out.
But this time it worked. So now I made a little progression, but I'm stuck again.
The game is much harder than I expected, but I'm enjoying it anyway.

gaarias

Quote from: Darkdan on Fri 25/11/2011 13:06:51
Hello gaarias,

May I ask you to clarify on which part of the puzzle you are stuck (cursors or key).

Spoiler
Cursors.

May I ask you upfront to give me the cursors? I was playing this one with my GF and we are pretty much stuck. Yes, we are a nerdy couple sometimes.
[close]

Darkdan

...For the cursors

Spoiler
use the year of the wine bottles
[close]

... and good luck  :)

Yuzzybus

Regarding the puddles of spectral essence...

Spoiler
what additional object is needed for the puddle near Greedy's house, and where is it found?  I have the hourglass and lit candle and have already completed the tree and office puddles.
[close]

Darkdan

Puddle of the river house :

hint
Spoiler
search the room of the safe in the river house.
[close]
solution
Spoiler
search the window in the room of the safe. You'll find a doll. Use it on the puddle
[close]

gaarias

This game is fun, nevertheless it has some bugs that crashes the program, which is frustrating. Anyone else with this problem?

Anyways.

Spoiler
Having trouble opening Greedy's apartment door. Already have the key. It appears the password is the series of numbers found in the chalkboard or in the calendar. Maybe a mixture of them?
[close]

Darkdan

Quote from: gaarias on Sun 04/12/2011 15:57:29
This game is fun, nevertheless it has some bugs that crashes the program, which is frustrating.

:(  The game file has been updated last week to get rid of that bug in the room of the safe.

hint for cursors:
Spoiler
neither chalkboard nor calendar. You have to look elsewhere
[close]
solution for cursors :
Spoiler
look at the wine bottles for the right code
[close]

gaarias

Quote from: Darkdan on Sun 04/12/2011 16:16:08
Quote from: gaarias on Sun 04/12/2011 15:57:29
This game is fun, nevertheless it has some bugs that crashes the program, which is frustrating.

:(  The game file has been updated last week to get rid of that bug in the room of the safe.

hint for cursors:
Spoiler
neither chalkboard nor calendar. You have to look elsewhere
[close]
solution for cursors :
Spoiler
look at the wine bottles for the right code
[close]

Spoiler
I must be doing something wrong: still can't unlock the door with the wine code. The game usually crashes here, at Greedy's door. Halp?
[close]

Darkdan

Hello gaarias,

I think I misunderstood your problem. All I said about cursors code was for the safe in the river house.

To open Greedy's inner door in the office building, you need :

Spoiler
to type the translated roman numerals on Greedy's bust pedestal to the keypad in the mailbox outside
[close]

gaarias

Spoiler
??? ??? ??? ???
Hello Darkdan, thank you for your patience and congrats for your game.
;D

Where is this bust pedestal! Forgive my newbieness but I can't see it. You mean the statues on the cemetery? Been stuck here for a while. Outside of Elias Skinflint office building.
:-[
[close]

Darkdan

Hello gaarias,

I am lost.

What are you trying to open?

Is it the safe in the river house?

Is it the entrance door of Greedy's new office?

Is it the inner door in the hall of this office?

Or is it an other door in an other place?

sipjezzy

Hello,
I'm trying to open the entrance door of Greedy's new office.
Where is the code?

axxesfun

Quote from: Darkdan on Sat 03/12/2011 12:49:20
Puddle of the river house :

hint
Spoiler
search the room of the safe in the river house.
[close]
solution
Spoiler
search the window in the room of the safe. You'll find a doll. Use it on the puddle
[close]

@Darkan: I am still looking for something that is needed to solve the office puddle. So far I am quite sure to have all available items, but none of them works out here. And also I am aksing myself if there is "anything" that I can do to the paper wall - except reading them... but then why have I opened the door at all? Inside the office all carpets are looking just normal. Where can I get the needed item for solving the puddle in Greedys office? Thanks!

Darkdan

Hello sipjezzy,

To open the entrance door of Greedy's new office :

Spoiler
you don't need a code, you need the keyring that you can find in the safe in the inner room of the river house
[close]

Hello axxesfun,

To solve the office puddle :

Spoiler
open and close the empty drawers of the desk in the room of the safe in the river house. You will eventually find a contract there.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk