AGS Awards nominations close at 13:59 GMT on Saturday 10 February 2018. You haven't yet nominated, so you've got 17 days and 4 hours left to play the games and decide which to nominate!

Author Topic: AGS engine Android port  (Read 156924 times)

Re: AGS engine Android port
« Reply #720 on: 30 Dec 2017, 22:05 »
You read right Snarky, if I understood, touch needs to be a click but still keep the state of the left mouse button pressed while the finger is pressed on the screen. At least this is how I understand the mouse works in AGS, it emits the mouse click event on click and not on release.

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
  • AGS Project Tracker Admins
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2013, for spearheading the AGS 3.3.0 project
    •  
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    •  
« Reply #721 on: 30 Dec 2017, 22:26 »
You read right Snarky, if I understood, touch needs to be a click but still keep the state of the left mouse button pressed while the finger is pressed on the screen.

Maybe I did not understand your previous explanations, what is the difference between "longclick" mode set in config and what you want to achieve?

« Reply #722 on: 31 Dec 2017, 00:08 »
To trigger long click, you have to hold your finger and wait until the device vibrates, and then the longclick is processed. The idea would be that once the screen is touched, the mouse button is already considered down.:/ Also as is, to remove the finger, you have to click with the finger again. CW don't worry. (I really don't like how written text makes me sound like I am ungrateful...)

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
    •  
    •  
« Reply #723 on: 31 Dec 2017, 00:40 »
CW don't worry. (I really don't like how written text makes me sound like I am ungrateful...)
The purpose I am asking is to learn more about Android port, because so far I only used it few times on emulator :).

« Reply #724 on: 04 Jan 2018, 05:07 »
Having grown up in foster care I realize one thing. Good things are rare and should be treated with care..
This thing that all of you do is a good thing. I'll be 50 in a few days and wanted to reflect the fact that I respect what all you guys do!!
Thank you for allowing me to enjoy :)
sincerely.
« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2018, 05:15 by sawyer »

« Reply #725 on: 11 Jan 2018, 03:44 »
:cheesy: P.S.   Think it will ever happen, ya know,
update with no link fail so all games can truly be portable?
easy .apk install for dummies....lol :)
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2018, 03:46 by sawyer »

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
    •  
    •  
« Reply #726 on: 11 Jan 2018, 22:39 »
@eri0o, I found why it does not find allegro.h for you.

There were patched allegro sources for Android right in our repository earlier. Nick Sonneveld has removed them and added download & patch script instead. But he did not change instructions in Readme.

You now have to perform "Native 3rd party libraries" step before doing "Native engine library".

Firstly, you need to have "curl" utility installed. (Maybe it is standard, but my Ubuntu did not have it)

Then:
The scripts require standalone toolchains for all Android platforms and they have to be available on the PATH. See https://developer.android.com/ndk/guides/standalone_toolchain.html for instructions on creating the standalone toolchains.

EDIT
Well, I looked into the NDK/toolchains, and there are already several toolchains created. Problem is that when I run buildall.sh, I get this:

cd builds/unix; /bin/sh ./configure '--host=arm-linux-androideabi' '--prefix=/home/ikm/git/ags/Android/nativelibs/armeabi' '--without-zlib' '--disable-shared'
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... arm-unknown-linux-androideabi
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-gcc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/home/ikm/git/ags/Android/buildlibs/armeabi/freetype-2.4.12/builds/unix':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

Not sure what is missing and how to proceed from here.
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2018, 22:00 by Crimson Wizard »