Saved Games

Started by Erenoth02, Mon 28/11/2011 10:57:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Erenoth02

I apologize if this is the wrong area to ask this, however I'm wondering if there is any program that can open a saved game file without crashing it when you try to load it again.

I realized that I can open a agssave.001 with word pad or note pad however if I save the file I'm unable to restore it while in the game.

I know that I can just start the game over to recover my loss and finish it, however I was hoping that I can use some type of program to change the variable and be able to continue my saved game without having to restart

Khris

Change the variable? What variable?
Why are you opening a savegame with wordpad...?

What are you trying to do?

Yeppoh

I don't know want you want to do exactly, but don't open them with wordpad, notepad or any other TEXT editor. The save files are raw binary, and those software will interpret them wrongly as ASCII/Unicode.

Use an HEX editor instead.
I did that once to understand why my saves files have become huge in size all of a sudden.

Khris

No, seriously, what are you trying to do?
Are you searching for and changing a variable's value in the saved game?

Please explain.

AnasAbdin

from my own experience with Sierra's saved games... I'm trying to guess you are trying to edit a variable IN the saved game file... Now this is totally understandable, but will it work? Nope.

I used to save a game when a gui asking for a password or a code appears, then open the save file with a text editor, scan through the 'machine code'... hoping I find an understandable word here or there, it worked with me.. But NEVER saved the file when exiting the text editor.

Games with puzzles near the end depending on very early events are the reason why people want to edit saved games I think...

But then.. I'm still guessing :)

monkey0506

He's clearly trying to hack his save game file in Oceanspirit Dennis: The RPG to give himself unlimited stats.

Spoiler
What he doesn't realize is that you can allocate negative points to your dodge stat and then allocate the surplus points then added to your point pool back into the other two stats.
[close]

Erenoth02

:confused::shocked: lol actually no...... I started playing the game at 640 by 480, but then  I got a new big screen for my computer and realized I could perhaps play at higher resolutions.... by editing the same game

unfortunately you cannot load up a game if youve saved it under different pixelation

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk