The Journey Down - FINALLY RELEASED check last post!

Started by theo, Sun 11/12/2011 21:34:37

Previous topic - Next topic

theo

Hey guys, sorry for not replying sooner. The past few weeks have been insane.

THE GAME IS FINALLY RELEASED!

And I would never, ever have done something so balls out bananas as building it if it weren't for the great confidence I had felt after getting so much love from you guys, the AGS community. So a big thanks goes out to all of you who gave us asspats along the way. Oh and of course thanks cj for creating the tool that got me going on this track in the first place.

Fun fact: TJD started out as a test project me and Mathias did just to evaluate AGS as a platform. We liked it so much we just kept on building and building and building and building. :grin:

To clarify: The game has been released for Pc, Mac and Linux so far. Our iOS and android builds are still in the making and will both probably not see the light of day until some time mid-summer.

Sslaxx: We have talked to everyone, believe me.

Snarky: If you bought it early from gamersgate, odds are you got the börked DRM'ed version. It lagged, especially in the intro. Simply download the game again from gamersgate and you will get the patched lag-free version. I hope the lag didn't mess too much with your experience, I'm sorry if it did!

CaptainD: Thanks for the kind words! :D

If any of y'all are considering sponsoring our humble little venture by purchasing a copy, maybe some of these reviews help nudge you in the right direction:

Adventuregamers.com 4/5
Gamezebo.com 4/5
Indie Game Magazine 87%

Thank you once again everyone for making this possible.

Snarky

theo, I don't think I downloaded it all that early. I'm pretty sure I saw the tweet that the version had been patched before I downloaded it. Is there some way to tell the version?

I can't download it again, anyway. After I downloaded it the first time, it disappeared from my gamersgate account. Honestly, the whole purchasing experience was pretty fucking painful (though part of that may be PayPal's fault; it didn't like me making a purchase from a friend's computer in a different country).

theo

lol sorry about that, Snarky. I agree, gamersgate could CERTAINLY give their purchase-process a bit of a rehaul. It bothers me that it disappeared from your gamersgate account though, that sounds genuinely broken. If you want to: Send me a PM and I'll get you a code for downloading it off of desura instead - that's where we prefer to do our business now. Also we've got better control over the packaging there and know more about what's going on behind the curtains. Thanks a TON for supporting us and sorry for the bumps in the road.  :grin:

Knox

Wow looks great! The light-change animations in the background images are really cool mon!
--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Igor Hardy

Just a quick advertisement! We've got a contest running on hardydev.com with 5 copies of the game destined to be won and treasured:

http://www.hardydev.com/2012/06/10/the-journey-down-iv-contest/

Who'd like to test their luck in answering the correct questions?

Tramponline

Looking grand Theo! I'll get it one way or another.

Why don't you just sell "options" on the whole series! (That thought kept lingering
while watching your developement of TJD and might sound like twaddle, but I'm quite serious).

I for my part won't think twice about such an opportunity. Pre-buy the whole series directly off
SkyGoblin amd get it some day...makes me sound like an idiot, now that I come to think of it... :tongue:   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk