Starship Quasar (available on Steam)

Started by Radiant, Tue 13/12/2011 18:54:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

[embed=640,390]http://youtu.be/ZYSjfFapV-E[/embed]

Starship Quasar
On the spaceship Quasar, the lack of shore time causes tension to run high. The latest argument has proved too much, with each of the crew stalking off to different parts of the ship. To the medical officer, bringing these warring characters back together will be no easy task.

In this short adventure game, you control four different characters as they explore the ship, each with their own skills and reactions to the environment. Instead of on puzzle solving, the game focuses on the personalities of the characters and their interactions. The game is fully voiced.

Download here. This is the deluxe edition of the game, with improved graphics and professional voice acting. Enjoy!

Art by Elissa Ng; portraits by Joel Philip Page; music by Vincent Olmsted; and script by yours truly. Includes a voice pack as well as multiple translations into German, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, and Russian.

CaptainD

Haven't had time to play it yet but this looks great!  Congrats on the release.

Lewis

Downloaded, being played today most likely. Congrats on release!
Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

hedgefield

Played through the opening so far, will spend more time on this one soon. LOVE the character portraits. Are they modelled off of real people? They're very impressive. And the setting is great. Most scifi is more about BUHH ALIENS and not enough about man this ship is small and I hate it here.

If you're looking for voice actors I wouldn't mind trying my hand at it.

joelphilippage

Quote from: hedgefield on Wed 14/12/2011 22:03:57
LOVE the character portraits. Are they modelled off of real people?

I based my pencil drawings off of photographs and painted them on the computer. Elissa did some great touch-ups after they were scaled down.

Radiant

Voice pack is coming up! Two out of five actors have sent in their recordings so far.

KodiakBehr

Downloaded.  Can't wait to try it out!

stepurhan

Good stuff. A simple tale told most elegantly. I especially loved the way every character thought another character would know what the machine on the bridge was for.  ;D

Up against some tough sci-fi competition in the January freeware releases mind.

Turtiathan

Quote from: Radiant on Thu 26/01/2012 20:25:05
Voice pack is coming up! Two out of five actors have sent in their recordings so far.

Yay! Let's hear it for the guy who introduced two of the three female voice-overs for this game. Anyway, did my friend contact you? She hasn't responded to my second message either.

Radiant

We've got all voices done except for Florent's, and a German and French translation are coming up. Stay tuned!

Corby

Just finished playing this the other day. Well done! Lovely graphics/animations/dialogues and I especially liked the portraits.  I wonder what that strange machine on the bridge does...?

Radiant

Quasar is now also available in French and German, and has a voice pack!

Radiant

We are currently working on a Deluxe version of Quasar, which is intended for distribution over GOG, Desura, and similar platforms. Aside from some interface tweaks, this primarily means that Elissa has been touching up or redoing graphics in a better resolution and color depth:

Basically, what we're doing is applying the lessons learned during the creation of Heroine's Quest to some of our earlier games; Warthogs is due for a similar treatment. This also means that we are re-recording the voice pack with professional actors with high-end recording equipment. To the community members who helped out with our voice pack: thank you very much for your support, and we sincerely hope not to offend anyone with this move. We'll keep you posted on future developments.

Nikolas

So, Petter, this means that you're going commercial after all? :)

Kitty Trouble

It was a nicely done short game. I just finished it. One question, is there a use for the
Spoiler
flower
[close]
?

Sslaxx

You need to fix the download link to 1.1, because it's pointing to the defunct bigbluecup site.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Radiant

Quote from: Nikolas on Tue 26/08/2014 23:48:15
Only because it's near-impossible to get an audience these days without going Steam or Desura :P

Quote from: chaosgodkarl on Fri 29/08/2014 07:26:14
It was a nicely done short game. I just finished it. One question, is there a use for the ?
The game is about exploration. This is part of it.

Quote from: Sslaxx on Wed 03/09/2014 12:52:44
You need to fix the download link to 1.1, because it's pointing to the defunct bigbluecup site.
Done.

Frodo

Quote from: Radiant on Fri 05/09/2014 17:52:41
Only because it's near-impossible to get an audience these days without going Steam or Desura :P

Urgh, PLEASE don't go steam-only.  :sealed:

Adeel

Quote from: Frodo on Fri 05/09/2014 20:26:39

GOG also has got some good audience too.

Radiant

Quote from: Frodo on Fri 05/09/2014 20:26:39

That's why I wrote "or Desura" :cool:

We're also open to other suggestions like GOG.

Radiant

The Deluxe Edition is now available from Fireflower.

We decided to overhaul the game with improved graphics and professional voice acting. Enjoy!

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the release of the deluxe version, looks great! (nod)

Just one question, why does "Download the Demo" on the AGS page takes me to Fireflower buy game page, but there's no demo there to download? ???
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Fizzii

We haven't made a demo for Quasar as it is a short, casual game. I'm not sure how the AGS site works, but either the website assumes that all commercial games have a demo, or there is some option that needs to be checked (Radiant will check it out when he sees this thread).

For a short preview of how the game looks, we have a trailer here, primarily showing the graphics and voices: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQF-gh2bU6A

Interface is basically - left click to interact, right click to look. All explained at the start of the game :)

Cassiebsg

Okay, thanks for the explanation Fizzii and many thanks for the video, looks great. :)

I think AGS site assumes there's a Demo if commercial game is choosen. I seem to remember something about that when I posted my game to it.
Maybe it's something for AGA (?) to change on the site... like an extra flag to say if it's pointing to a demo or buy page (or both, like with the game threads CGA, GiP & Hints)...

Someone coming from the outside might feel cheated to click on a "download demo" button and end on a "buy game page".
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Radiant

Ok, I've changed it back to "download".

Radiant

We have started a Greenlight campaign to get Starship Quasar published on Steam, bundled with two of our other adventure games: Larry Lotter, and Quest for Yrolg. For anyone who's played these before, these are the 'deluxe' versions with updated and higher-resolution graphics, new soundtrack, and professional voice acting. If you've enjoyed these games, please support us at our Greenlight page. Thank you for your time!

For Starship Quasar, this includes new translations to Dutch, French, and Polish. We are always on the lookout for new translations, so if you're interested in helping, please drop me a line.

Fizzii

The bundle is now available on Steam - 15% off until the 23rd December.

Store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/551840

[embed=640,390]http://youtu.be/WGvKSWsM-xQ[/embed]

DRM-free individual copies can be obtained from Itch.io: http://radiant.itch.io/

Radiant

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk