I'm looking for a couple old arcade game titles.

Started by Renodox, Wed 04/01/2012 08:50:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Renodox

Unfortunately, I don't know who made them or even a part of the title.

Anyway, one of the titles was a side-scrolling fighting game.  What was unique about it was that you'd occasionally defeat characters who would say, "I will help you."  Then your character would get to take on that character's form.  That's all I know about it unfortunately.

Next, was a light gun game.  This one you play as police and I only managed to get through the first level.  This level was a grocery store robbery that spans into the subway and finally into a warehouse with a mini gun toting boss.

Finally, there was a game that I saw where the character's primary capability was to breathe fireballs.  This looked to be set in medieval times and it was a side scroller.

I know I'm not giving much but I'd appreciate any suggestions you have.

Gilbert

1. Sengoku for the Neo Geo/AES/MVS/whatever it's called, or one of its sequel?
2. Lethal Enforcer? I haven't really played the game, so I'm not sure, but at least it's police-themed I suppose. Otherwise it may be polycrap Virtua Cop.
3. Is the character a human or some kind of creatures?

Renodox

It's a man.  He's some fat guy with a long thin moustache.

Gilbert

Darth Mandarb

Oh man I used to love Karnov.  And Rygar.

Damn... now I'm feeling all nostalgic and might have to break out my old NES!!

Renodox

Yes!  Thank you.

Now I know to look for Karnov and Sengoku.

Unfortunately, the police game isn't Lethal Enforcer or Virtua Cop.  It's an arcade game so I don't think you'll find it on any consoles.

InCreator

It still sounds pretty much like Virtua Cop 2.

SEGA made some police games for arcades too, but I cannot remember any names. Try to find a MAME site and recognize game from screenshots.

Gilbert

Quote from: Renodox on Thu 05/01/2012 04:20:06
Unfortunately, the police game isn't Lethal Enforcer or Virtua Cop.  It's an arcade game so I don't think you'll find it on any consoles.

But both games are arcade games. ;) It's just easier for me to post links from Mobygames so that's why my links all point to their console ports. I don't know much about light gun games but police-themed games also include Time Crisis series by Namco. It may also be a certain game by Midway that uses the same engine as Revolution X.

Renodox

Okay I've got a new one.  In this game, you play as a gladiator in the Roman Coliseum.  Anyway, the first opponent is some snake guy who's best move is to squeeze you in his tail.  After you beat him, he turns to stone and his head breaks off.  The other two characters I've seen are a frog creature that knows a down thrust move that killed every challenger I've seen and the third guy is some skeleton with skeletal bat wings who throws fireballs at you.  I've never seen him beat either.  Any ideas?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk