Chalkman.. Reloaded

Started by monkey424, Sun 19/05/2013 12:27:25

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey424

For Chalkman fans, I'm sorry to report that I recently discovered a fatal bug that causes our titular character to freeze up at this one point near the end of the game.

As you can see, Chalkman exits the city and walks under the flags and then just freezes up like a stunned mullet. Or a deer in headlights, whichever idiom suits.

I missed this bug during earlier testing. Somehow it slipped through the cracks. I won't go into detail but the bug in question involved a rogue global variable that was misbehaving.

I'm happy to report that the bug is now fixed, along with some other minor bugs and typos, and the game has been re-uploaded to its hosting website gamejolt.

However, if you do encounter the bug and don't want to download the game again, then I recommend you download the following savegame file to restore at the critical moment.

Don't download this unless absolutely necessary!
Spoiler

Apologies for my naivety and haste with releasing a 'buggy' game and any inconvenience caused. A bug of this nature is unforgivable and I shall see that I'm duly punished (nipple clamps on standby).

Happy gaming!
monkey424

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk