Space Quest -1 "Decision of the Elders"...ready for download!!!

Started by Leisure Suit Harry, Sat 14/01/2012 12:03:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Sslaxx

Quote from: Leisure Suit Harry on Tue 01/01/2013 11:07:48
Almost one year has passed since the release of the first part of this game.
In the meanwhile I have added 2 more rooms with lots of new puzzles. I am not sure if I should already upload an extended version of this part 1 or wait for the game to be completed - which might be years away from now.
Problem being: I still spend too much time on drawing. Maybe someone wants to assist me in drawing the backgrounds...

Happy New Year everybody!!

Yours Harry (aka Boston McShew)
Sounds like it'd be fun to see!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

arj0n

Instead of uploading the extended version already you might post one or two screenies of the extended edition in order to not spoil/give away to much of the new edition?
I really hope you can find a team member for the backgrounds.

Really enjoyed the first part (playing and testing) so please don't give up on this extended edition.

nosmoke

LSH,
It appears that shutupload.com was closed a month ago.
Can you please upload your game to a new server.
I just found out about it, and it seems like a really cool game.

Thanks.

Afflict

Quote from: Baron on Thu 01/03/2012 01:08:35
Shutupload shows me no love.  Does anyone have a mirror in their inventory?

I Second that.

arj0n

Leisure Suit Harry

Hi folks,

I am working on a full length version of "Decision of the Elders" - an unoffical Space Quest prequel.
You may have played the first rooms (so-called "part 1") of the game. If you liked it you will love the full game. I am working hard on its production. And this time I have some help from overseas.
Take a look at this teasing image:

I can tell you 3 things already: This game is not going to be a piece of cake (at least 2 hours playing time if you are good), you're gonna laugh a lot and you will get acquainted with a Heart'n'Fart 66...

Yours Boston McShew (aka Leisure Suit Harry)

Leisure Suit Harry

You can still download part 1 of the game. If you think you have already played it, this is an extended version :-)

http://www.tonundtext.at/downloads/DOTE1_1.zip

Enjoy!

arj0n

Leon

I'm a huge fan of these style of games. Great humor and lots to see and do in these few screens. Well done!

What I didn't like:
- The "you're not close enough" issues. Since there are no hotspots, the game is difficult enough already without pixelhunting for the right location. When it's the right location, just walk over there.
- Debug mode is still on
- The typo 'crane' instead of 'cane'.
- The typo 'waterful' instead of 'waterfall'.
- The typo 'our' instead of 'hour'.
Spoiler
Using the fishing rod on the cut vine: your ax stands no chance...?
[close]

Looking forward to seeing the rest and I won't wait a year to play that one!  :-D
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Leisure Suit Harry

Thank you so much for this feedback, LEON!
I will definitely correct the typos and try to remove some "you're not close enough' statements.

Boston (aka Harry)

myname

I really enjoyed this game Leisure Suit Harry.  The banter between Jerry an the Narrator was spot on!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk