Donna: Avanger of Blood

Started by an Urpney, Sat 14/01/2012 15:52:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

1) I'm stuck:

Spoiler
I have the videotape but when I put it into the VCR it says that it's not working and I should ask her in the morning and it's almost dawn. I don't know how to make it become dawn. I'm sure there's something small I'm supposed to do now but I've visited every place on the map and I can't figure it out.
[close]

2) I have a few small bugs that you might want to know about. Should I post or PM?

SHADOW

Goldmund

Wiseawl,

Spoiler

When you click "detect" a second sound appears in background. Clicking +/- you adjust the scrambler's sound until it's the same as the one detected. Apparently it's the matter of the "musicality" of one's ear; I cannot guess them everytime and sometimes have to spend several minutes with the scrambler, but there are many people for whom it's a no-brainer and they solve it on the first try.
[close]

Shadow1000,

Spoiler

I think you haven't talked to everyone.
Some old friends?
Academic, clever ones?

As for the bugs -- please, do shoot, wherever you fancy. Maybe it'd be better taken to PM; if I fix them, newcomers to this thread might get confused.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Goldmund on Wed 25/01/2012 01:14:10

Spoiler

I think you haven't talked to everyone.
Some old friends?
Academic, clever ones?
[close]

Ohhh...that....ok

Ok, it says that it's dawning and she's still sleeping and I don't want to wake her. I even tried calling her. She answers but she's still sleeping. My smoke hint is to get some sleep. I'm missing a step...

Ok, never mind. I figured that one out. There is a fair bit of guessing and trying everything in this game..

SHADOW

loggs

I'm Stuck at the beginning. Cant pass the man with the gun ?

Nefarius

Did you notice that you can switch the inventory to show the vampiric skills? One of these skills is the key to defeat the man with the gun, but you have to have enough blood in order to use it. Hint:
Spoiler
If you don't have blood enough to use it, perhaps you could hunt some animal in the dark alley when you start, a rat or something like that, before you face the man with the gun.
[close]

loggs

The rat is to fast and the crowbar is not long enough

Shadow1000

Quote from: loggs on Wed 25/01/2012 15:22:02
The rat is to fast and the crowbar is not long enough

Spoiler
bait the rat with the dead bird
[close]

loggs

Did not think of taking the bird
thanks m8

Shadow1000

Saren

I'm stuck again...

So I've found Mulkin and I know about Talko. I searched for Talko online and I can't seem to find anything relevant. There's nothing on tv about him.

I showed Paloma and Mulkin everything in my inventory.

Still can't get into Hotel Eldorado.

What next?

sthomannch

Saren
Spoiler

it is still too early to enter the hotel, you have to focus on something else. Which night are you in? And what hints do you get (tasks you have to complete)? Did you examine your inventory thoroughly and show everything to everybody?
[close]

MiSaNtHrOpE

Hi. I am stuck at the Metro station near the beginning of the game. I have the ticket, but I cannot figure out how to get rid of the GPS tracking device, as, if I try to enter into the mezzanine, the Blackwater thugs shoot me on sight. I cannot destroy it, but I can't throw it at the moving cars in the foreground either, and I can't use my Speed/Strength power, either (to gain further throwing distance/speed). What do I do with it?

Goldmund

Misanthrope.
You must make your followers think they're still chasing you.
Below direct solution:
Spoiler
stick the transponder to a car
[close]

MiSaNtHrOpE

Quote from: Goldmund on Sat 28/01/2012 01:38:32
Misanthrope.
You must make your followers think they're still chasing you.
Below direct solution:
Spoiler
stick the transponder to a car
[close]

I got it.

Spoiler
I used the Propaganda Poster in the Metro Station, got the Tape, stuck the Tape to the Bug, and then Stuck the Taped Bug to a Slow Car.
[close]

Now, I'm stuck again:

Spoiler
I need a screwdriver to get into the Mercenary's apartment, but I only have 4 Euros and a Lighter (Monthly metro ticket & Motel stay)
[close]

Goldmund

Spoiler
Come on, you have superpowers.
[close]

MiSaNtHrOpE

Quote from: Goldmund on Sat 28/01/2012 02:18:22
Spoiler
Come on, you have superpowers.
[close]

True (the idea of having super powers in a P&C adventure is actually quite new to me)! I now have the
Spoiler
Cell phone
[close]
, I am in the apartment, and I know that someone previously posted the code to the safe. I'm making progress!

MiSaNtHrOpE

Quote from: LGM on Wed 18/01/2012 22:01:39
I must be really stupid. I can't figure out what I need to do to get into the apartment. I want to set something on fire, that seems to be logical. But what?!

@ LGM Here is your solution:

Spoiler

1) Break the window to the left of the gate

2) Call Apt #3

4) Hit the man as he is on the phone with the cops

5) Take his cell phone

4) Interact with his body

5) Proceed past the gate

6) Use your Super Strength to break the door down

7) Someone posted the code to the safe (behind the poster on the far wall in the bedroom) on a previous page of this thread.

[close]

Oops LGM is probably past this area by now... I was looking at a previous page. Oh well, someone will get use out of it, as this is the only hint thread that comes up in a Google search.

MiSaNtHrOpE

What do I type to get Dr Mulkin to talk to me when I call him?

Marquillin

Quote from: Goldmund on Mon 23/01/2012 12:18:17
Quote from: Marquillin on Mon 23/01/2012 05:02:25
I'd like a leg up, but not too overt please.

Quote from: an Urpney on Sat 14/01/2012 15:52:05
Take all of translated "Bander" numbers and use the cypher code in -\+ loop:
2-1=1, 1+2=4, 14-1=13, 4+2=6, 5-1=4, 17+1=18
Final code: 14146418.
Right? Well, wrong.

Spoiler

I seem to be in the same shoes as Urpney once was, and even though I'm more familiar with the English alphabet, I feel like I've hit a wall...

I've come up with 14136420 (the most obvious) and the reverse of the - + sequence seems to be 32152618 (if the numbers being negative has no bearing).  Then I tried using the Cypher key on the number/name(2 1 14 4 5 19) as if there were no longer any two digit numbers (2 1 1 4 4 5 1 9) which of course leaves the last two numbers with either nothing to change them, unless I loop back to the start of the cypher's first two numbers in order to fix them.  I tried both of these (starting with - and with +), and I think I converted everything back to letters as well, but its all wrong entry.
Now, if I do the looping cipher, I'm not sure how to turn over a number (namely the last one) past 9 if I'm just using 1 digit.  Should I carry the one or what?)  

Math has a small threshold of fun for me, so I hope I'm not making it too complicated.

I don't even want to help this kid out anyway, not without more answers about who I'm hacking, I've got enough Euros;  but the plot demands I go on.

P.S. I also noticed that the cypher could be seen as three numbers (13 12 11) in an even descent...is this worth exploring?
[close]

Spoiler

Ah, I'm afraid my puzzle is too simple for your love for mathematics! :)
The numbers from the name are kept separate.
Spoiler

[close]
[close]
Spoiler

Sorry, but I'm not certain what you mean.  Do you mean that I should not split a two digit number into 2 one digit numbers?  That would seem to suggest that there's an even six on six conversion from the cypher required, though I don't know what else to try.  It's still kicking my arse, so it's good to know it's simple  ::).

[close]

Goldmund

Spoiler
Exactly - you're too clever for this puzzle. :-)
Two digits form one number.
So there are six separate numbers.
BANDER.
1st number = 2, second = 1, 3rd = 14 etc.
Then you add and subtract from then according to the sequence displayed on the page.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk