Donna: Avanger of Blood

Started by an Urpney, Sat 14/01/2012 15:52:05

Previous topic - Next topic

tdunaj

Quote from: tdunaj on Thu 01/03/2012 05:12:58
Stuck on night 1, what are all the actions i am supposed to do?

Spoilers below:

This is what I did:
broke into the safe, went to the website and found the meeting location of the group (says next day on the map).
called the ladies, who told me to call back later.
talked to mulkin and showed him every item in my inventory.
The only place (I think) have not figured out are the cops in front of the hotel. Tried to bypass them, eavesdrop and mind read. Hypnotism does not work.
Smoking says make sure to follow up on all leads from the dead guy.

Great game btw.

Hello, can anyone try to help with the above please, I tried to play again from the start and still stuck... Everyone else is getting answers  ;D

Goldmund

Sorry, tdunaj, must've missed it.

Have you talked to Mulkin after all you've done and asked him about CS and Ernest?

peter

Are someone planned to make a walkthrough ??

Goldmund

Not to my knowledge, no.

There was one guy who was  thinking about making a video playthrough, don't know what came of it, though.

tdunaj

Quote from: Goldmund on Sat 24/03/2012 11:30:30
Sorry, tdunaj, must've missed it.

Have you talked to Mulkin after all you've done and asked him about CS and Ernest?

That was it thank you. Can't believe I missed that, was there before checking with him, must have forgotten the talk option.

Ali

Call me an idiot if you like... but the safe in the goon's bedroom?

Spoiler
I guess the clue is the four symbols corresponding with genesis. But there seem to be several passages referring to each symbol, and each passage has a 2-digit number. I've tried adding the 2-digit numbers together in every combination I can think of, to no avail. Any hints?
[close]

an Urpney

You're thinking too deep (c'mon, he was a goon, not an intelectual).
Look in the text of Genesis, not chapters. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth".
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

Tramponline

Nice Ali, I was caught in the same train of thought for quite a while.

Spoiler
As Urpney mentioned your assumptions are too elaborate for
a goon's simple mnemonic device. The same thing happened to me.

If you think of Genesis and "the creation of the world" there's some
other numerical count aside from verses.
[close]

tdunaj

Quote from: Weisler on Fri 09/03/2012 14:44:49
Quote from: lyra on Fri 09/03/2012 05:35:32
Okay... stuck again... I think.  I am in the Lucid dream.. got the old love letter... and I apparently am in the "middle of something or other" and can't leave the dream.  What am I missing here?  I tried the sequence in reverse and didn't get anything...  ???

lyra, do not use use the "interact" button on everything. Explore all the options you have, the "talk", "take" and later the "interact". The dream is one of the easiest puzzles in the game. Just read the story in each portrait. You are in the most interesting night I believe. Prepare for many plot twists! 8)

Wow easiest puzzle? I still can't figure it out. I can talk to the paintings and interact with them but where do I find the items they want?

Goldmund

I don't think it's the easiest one, if that's of any consolation ;-)

Read the note from mr Nightly. He says what they want.

tdunaj

Quote from: Goldmund on Wed 28/03/2012 19:13:00
I don't think it's the easiest one, if that's of any consolation ;-)

Read the note from mr Nightly. He says what they want.

I got the note connection, tried touching them 1,2,3 times, then reverse order, talking to them then touching them ... nothing?

Goldmund

Spoiler
It's about the order in which you touch them. Girl - Boy - Man, I think, or some other ;)
[close]

Weisler

I had solved the dream puzzle instantly. I still do not see what's so difficult about it. I consider that the dream puzzle is pretty easy compared to what you gonna see later in this game.

Saren

Spoiler
The computer password cypher code has been keeping me up all night, someone please put me out of my misery. This is how far I've gotten so far, a direct hint would be nice. I really want to solve this.

Do the dots in mr.BANDER and C.K. 131211 mean anything?

I find it interesting that mr isn't Mr, when it should be capitalised. Relevant?

BANDER = 2, 1, 14, 4, 5, 18  or is it MRBANDER = 13, 18, 2, 1, 14, 4, 5, 18?

C.K. = 3, 11? Edit: lol I just realised it stands for Cypher key

Does - + mean that I subtract the numbers from each other first, then add, or add, then subtra
ct? Sorry I didn't understand the hints for this puzzle in the earlier pages of this thread.
[close]

Nevermind, I just solved it by myself.

X-Ty980

Argh, can't get "Cleopatra's" purse. I can make them switch beds and even make him more passionate, but nothing works...

EDIT: Ahh, no problem, solved!

9cupsoftea

I've gone through the whole thread (and the game multiple times) and I'm STILL stuck on night 1.

*Spoiler*
So far I've...

taken the stuff from the goon's safe
searched mulkin, talko, and the countrysons website (entered the password and read about everyone, including rightwell)
killed the stationary shop owner
talked to mulkin about CS, rightwell, and every other option
got the feder location on the map
bought everything I can from the shop (screwdriver, bear, etc)
smoking still tells me to 'check out the leads on the bald guy'
I have the fake necklace, the phone, cord, the coat, and a bunch of other stuff

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE! I fear the game might be bugged because I've literally tried everything. The only thing I haven't found yet is the ladies thing that keeps being mentioned.

zgillet

Hey, making my way through the game, and I think I've found a game halting bug.

I've just received the videotape and returned to Milena's apartment. Smoking tells me to sleep, the prompt that dawn is coming happened, and Donna gets naked when she comes in.

I tried viewing the videotape, and it says to ask Milena about the VCR in the morning.

Then I try to interact with the mattress, and the game says "It's too early."

I tried restoring a save and the problem persists.

Any suggestions?

Goldmund

Zgillet -- hm, if it's not a bug, then perhaps you have to examine your inventory thoroughly for something you missed.

9cupsoftea -- you should also have a brothel ad with a phone number.

zgillet

I've examined everything in my inventory, still nothing. I have full blood and anxiety is OK. I think I've put the game in an odd state.

zgillet

Figured it out. You have to walk onto the balcony. It'd be nice if smoking told me that or something, it was very unclear.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk