Donna: Avanger of Blood

Started by an Urpney, Sat 14/01/2012 15:52:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

Quote from: Goldmund on Tue 24/01/2012 02:03:40
Hah, Shadow and wiseawl, you're at the same moment it seems ;-)

Ok.

Spoiler

- You can enter the  hotel only when the cops have moved to the left side with their car. If they're on the right, it's too early.

- You don't need to find the distraction until Donna says so! This is what you get for reading the hints section ;-)

- You have to try to enter the hotel first.

- By INTERACTing with the ivy grate under the open window.
[close]

Yes, did all that. Still unable to do anything.

Spoiler
it says that the cops are now on the left and she needs to create a distraction.
[close]

wiseawl

Actually, I knew that I needed to distract the guards with girls because I used a smoking hint and it told me so.

I'm actually stuck AGAIN. (SPOILER HERE) This time at the hotel I'm staying at. I reversed all the numbers on the doors and took the bucket of water. I'm stuck in the room now and I know I need to create a short circuit. The logical solution for me is combining the bucket of water with something electric in the room, like the cord from the tv or a lamp or something, but I can't combine the bucket of water with anything. I've tried it with the tv on and off, I've tried the lamp, I've tried combining the electrical sockets with the screw driver, even. I'm at a loss of what to do.

By the way, I'm absolutely loving this game. It's been so long since I've played a decent point and click game.

wiseawl

Shadow, this is what worked for me: I think I looked that the window with the vine or tried to interact with it. The main character noted that she needs to distract the cops with a sexy lady. After that happened, I went to the Dreaming Ladies or whatever it's called and talked to all of them until I found the one who would distract the cops for me. I paid her and she did it.

Shadow1000

Thanks, wiseawl! I'm stuck at the next part now...lol....but I'll figure it out (eventually)

Spoiler
getting off the roof now that I blocked the door and have the cable
[close]

SHADOW

wiseawl

Shadow, have you tried walking to the left of the screen?

Shadow1000

Quote from: wiseawl on Tue 24/01/2012 03:27:27
Shadow, have you tried walking to the left of the screen?

You mean to the area with the antenna?

wiseawl

No, all the way to the left. Past the things that look like barrels. You have to walk to the far left, there is a space beyond what you see. I hope that was clear. It was a while ago that I was at that point in the game.

Shadow1000

Spoiler
Do you mean on the roof with the door or with the antenna? Are you referring to the area with the satellite dish? I'm not clear from the description.  I assume the solution has to do with the antenna but nothing I own can interact with it.
[close]

never mind...figured it out!

SHADOW

Goldmund

Quote from: wiseawl on Tue 24/01/2012 02:52:15
Actually, I knew that I needed to distract the guards with girls because I used a smoking hint and it told me so.

Damn, this needs to be fixed! :( It shouldn't kick in before the game's ready.
Thanks.

By the way, I'm absolutely loving this game. It's been so long since I've played a decent point and click game.

As we say in Poland, this is honey for my heart.

Ah, I forgot your hint!

You're thinking right, but first you need to construct the shortcut machine first to plug it in... direct solution below
Spoiler

bucket+cord
[close]

Nefarius

I'm in what I believe is the last part of the game (or rather, the last night), and I'm stuck with a certain puzzle, involving a musical instrument...

Spoiler
Ok, I'm inside of Joshua Romero's house and I think that I have to play the song written in the score on the piano, fine, the thing is I know nothing about music, luckily there's a music book for children in one of the shelves of the room. But I still fail to play the song properly. I played this: D c(first black key from the left) E F G B A f(third black key from the left) D c(first black key from the left) E F G G a(fifth black key from the left) B A a(fifth black key from the left, played twice this time), c. So, I'm begging you guys, someone can write the exact notes that Donna has to play according to the score. Thanks in advance!
[close]

buddha

@Nefarius:

Hint:
Spoiler
You have the right idea but have to read the music sheet with the song 'better'. The notes that have a little 'b' on the LEFT of them are the only notes you have to play on the black keys. The rest are played on the white ones.
[close]

Direct solution:
Spoiler
If I remember correctly the following keys have to be played:
D Eb F G Bb A G
[close]

Goldmund

Nefarius --

Spoiler

Buddha is right, but
you have to play the sequence twice; only the second time is a bit different, as you can see in the notes.

The notes are:

D Eb F G Bb A G
D Eb F G G Bb A Bb
[close]

Saren

I'm stuck on night 1.

I need to convince Jeremy Mulkin to talk to me and get into Hotel Eldorado somehow, but I can't find out how to interest Mulkin and the police stop me when I try to use the door and Donna won't climb the grate at the right while the police are there.

The locations currently available to me are the park, the hotel, the motel and Belldog Mall.

In my inventory, I have the piece of paper with Mulkin's phone number on it, a lighter, the bible, the bloody jacket, a screwdriver, wallet, poster, drivers license, camel cigarettes, train ticket, teddybear, key to motel room 5 and a pen.

Shadow1000

1)
Spoiler
don't worry about getting into the hotel till later
[close]
2)
Spoiler
if you want info on Mulkin to know what's interesting to him, why don't you search online? do you know where to do that?
[close]

SHADOW

Saren

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 24/01/2012 17:38:01
1)
Spoiler
don't worry about getting into the hotel till later
[close]
2)
Spoiler
if you want info on Mulkin to know what's interesting to him, why don't you search online? do you know where to do that?
[close]

SHADOW

I did search "Jeremy Mulkin" online. I tried Kunduku, vampires, magdala, personal tragedy, genesis and Ernest rightwell for the phone conversation and he still won't talk to me.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Saren on Tue 24/01/2012 17:46:38

I did search "Jeremy Mulkin" online. I tried Kunduku, vampires, magdala, personal tragedy, genesis and Ernest rightwell for the phone conversation and he still won't talk to me.

Hmmm...did you try just "Mulkin"?

SHADOW

Saren

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 24/01/2012 17:49:05

SHADOW

No...

D'oh! I'm so stupid!

Thanks for the tip.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Saren on Tue 24/01/2012 17:53:33
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 24/01/2012 17:49:05

SHADOW

No...

D'oh! I'm so stupid!

Thanks for the tip.

LOL...most welcome...enjoy the game :)

SHADOW

Goldmund

Saren,

There's also a second line of work on that night.
Spoiler

Examine all the things you got from the bald killer at the beginning to investigate him.

As for Mulkin, well, he'll most likely be interested in what he taught at the Uni or researched, no? There are several possible topics, one very close to what you said.
[close]

wiseawl

I'm having trouble getting the scrambler to work at the Country Sons headquarters. Maybe I just don't understand how it works, but I'm finding it nearly impossible to match the sound frequencies together. I keep getting them wrong even though to me they sound very similar. I also don't know how many I need to get right in a row to open the gate. I'm able to get one correct by guessing after trial and error but the beeping sound doesn't change, or I don't notice the change. Not sure how to go about solving this puzzle. I've had C explain how it works about 3 times and I still don't understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I got it, never mind. I just kept trying and eventually It worked.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk