Donna: Avanger of Blood

Started by an Urpney, Sat 14/01/2012 15:52:05

Previous topic - Next topic

MiSaNtHrOpE

Quote from: Goldmund on Sat 28/01/2012 14:06:02
Spoiler
Exactly - you're too clever for this puzzle. :-)
Two digits form one number.
So there are six separate numbers.
BANDER.
1st number = 2, second = 1, 3rd = 14 etc.
Then you add and subtract from then according to the sequence displayed on the page.
[close]

I get

Spoiler
[close]

I got it! I used the clues provided in the original post (top of page 1) and came up with

Spoiler

The clues:

OP was right about the -/+ loop of the cypher key:

2 - 1 = 1
1 + 3 = 4
14 - 1 = 13 (here is where OP made their mistake)
4 + 2 = 6
5 - 1 = 4
18 + 1 = 19 (R is #18 in the English alphabet)

The answer, therefore, is 14136419
[close]

Marquillin

Quote from: MiSaNtHrOpE on Sat 28/01/2012 19:23:42

Spoiler

18 + 1 = 19 (R is #18 in the English alphabet)

The answer, therefore, is 14136419
[close]

Oh gawd diggity - You're right, I somehow had R coming up as 19!  I caught the OP's miscalculations easy enough, but was too arrogant to check my own work (at least in that one, simplest step) and instead went on to more and more obtuse theories!  Back to Grade 1 for me, now I know my ABC's  :)

axxesfun

RESPECT for the work on this game! Very nice, entertaining game. Good puzzles and good story.  Big thanks to the author.

MiSaNtHrOpE

OK, I solved the puzzle in the lucid dream, have no luck in Ronnie's apartment, and the only thing that has changed is an event on Country Sons' website for Level II members, and Franek has not yet completed work on the password.

The only thing I can think of doing is getting into the hotel, but the cops are still on the right side of the car.

MiSaNtHrOpE

I have the authentic necklace from the pawn shop, and the Key and Photograph from the hotel room. Now I'm stuck.

Shadow1000

Quote from: MiSaNtHrOpE on Sat 28/01/2012 23:34:24
I have the authentic necklace from the pawn shop, and the Key and Photograph from the hotel room. Now I'm stuck.

One good rule when playing the game:

Spoiler
if you don't know what to do, speak to Mulkin...
[close]

SHADOW

Goldmund

Please, when you ask for hints, say what night you're on.

kajlin

Hello, I am stuck.

Night 1.
I talked with Mulkin, I found Talko on the internet, but I don´t know, how to get more info about him to visit him. Because when I type "uni" etc. it didn´t help.
I can go to park, shop, hotel, motel, doctor´s house.

I have the piece of paper with Mulkin's phone number on it, a lighter, the bible, the bloody jacket, a screwdriver, wallet, poster, drivers license, camel cigarettes, wire, train ticket, teddybear, key to motel room 5 and a pen.

Can you please help me?

Goldmund

Hi, Kajlin,
Spoiler

Talko is irrelevant now, it's too early. Examine the driver's license you got off the thug.
[close]

sedure

Hi,

I'm on Night 1 and totally stuck. I know I should next go to the mercenary's address, but the Donna says she's not calm enough, allthrough she is fully calm.
I just visited Mulkin and learned about Talko online.

I have Paper with Mulkin's phone number on it, a lighter, the bible, the bloody jacket, a screwdriver, wallet, poster, drivers license, camel cigarettes, wire, train ticket, teddybear, key to motel room 5 and a pen.

ps. Awesome & interesting game this far!

Goldmund

Are you sure she's calm, not just full of blood? Calm is the upper indicator with the PSI symbol, light-blue.

sedure

Quote from: Goldmund on Mon 06/02/2012 20:27:45
Are you sure she's calm, not just full of blood? Calm is the upper indicator with the PSI symbol, light-blue.

Yes, She's is full of both.

If its a bug, I also noticed one thing. When you goto to the store first time and you haven't got the money from the hotel clerk yet(you have about 4e left). (Assuming that you take the hotel lighter from the counter); Check all the items in the store and ask to buy all of them, and since you don't have enough money to buy them, give them all back. Then try to leavy and she suddenly asks for -1 or 1 euro, so i pay her and she fees me "minus 1" euro :) I dont know if thats a typo or what, but still.

Goldmund

Quote from: sedure on Mon 06/02/2012 21:19:58
Yes, She's is full of both.

Hm, could you please send me your saved game? I'll check it and try to find a fix. This sounds almost impossible.

If its a bug, I also noticed one thing. When you goto to the store first time and you haven't got the money from the hotel clerk yet(you have about 4e left). (Assuming that you take the hotel lighter from the counter); Check all the items in the store and ask to buy all of them, and since you don't have enough money to buy them, give them all back. Then try to leavy and she suddenly asks for -1 or 1 euro, so i pay her and she fees me "minus 1" euro :) I dont know if thats a typo or what, but still.

Hahaha, this is the best bug ever! I wish my grocery had this bug. Well, the game's script is so huge I get lost in it myself, will investigate for the forthcoming patch.

sedure

That would indeed be a nice bug in the grocery store! :D

Well, I just sent you the save game.
Happy bughunting, I know how frustrating it is :/

EDIT: After rebooting my computer, and loaded that save, I was able to get in to the apartments. I think this is an engine issue instead of your code!
At first I tried to load the save again and again but nothing. After a random virusupdate reboot, It did the trick.

I'm running windows 7, 64bit. Maybe thats it, dunno for sure.

Goldmund

Yeah, I wasn't able to replicate the bug. Must be the engine acting up, the code's so simple at this place that it can't fail. I made the game on Windows XP, now checked your savegame on Mac, and all is fine. :)

sedure

Quote from: Goldmund on Mon 06/02/2012 22:18:32
Yeah, I wasn't able to replicate the bug. Must be the engine acting up, the code's so simple at this place that it can't fail. I made the game on Windows XP, now checked your savegame on Mac, and all is fine. :)

Still, thank you for replying so fast, very much appreciated!
Greets from Finland!

sipjezzy

Hello, I'm on the second night.
I do everything and I'm at the feder square section.
But I don't know how to
Spoiler
save the woman. Every time they kill me.
[close]

Thanks for help! :D

Rutitah

Hi there!

I´m playing on the 4th night and

Spoiler
I´m stuck on the escape from the hotel. I'm in the pool, I get the rope, switch off the lights of the pool and get in, but what do I di next? What am I missing?
[close]

Please help!

Goldmund

Quote from: sipjezzy on Tue 07/02/2012 21:47:23
Hello, I'm on the second night.
I do everything and I'm at the feder square section.
But I don't know how to
Spoiler
save the woman. Every time they kill me.
[close]
Thanks for help! :D

Hi sipjezzy,
Spoiler
they kill you because they have time to do it... you're a vampire, remember!
[close]

Hi there, Rutitah --
Spoiler
You mean, you're in the water and can't do anything?
[close]

Rutitah

Quote from: Goldmund on Wed 08/02/2012 00:11:38

Hi there, Rutitah --
Spoiler
You mean, you're in the water and can't do anything?
[close]

Yes.
Spoiler
I'm in the water, and when I try to get out, I end up shot.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk