Author Topic: AGS engine Android port  (Read 198449 times)

eri0o

• eri0o worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: AGS engine Android port
« Reply #860 on: 09 Nov 2018, 16:05 »
Out of curiosity, what does "config_enabled = 0", in your android.cfg, means?

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2013, for spearheading the AGS 3.3.0 project
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • Crimson Wizard worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
      Crimson Wizard worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #861 on: 09 Nov 2018, 16:54 »
Out of curiosity, what does "config_enabled = 0", in your android.cfg, means?

Hm. It means that the contents of the config will be ignored, except for translation. I have no idea why such option is there. The Android library code may hold an answer.
« Last Edit: 09 Nov 2018, 16:56 by Crimson Wizard »

The creature

« Reply #862 on: 09 Nov 2018, 18:51 »
That's pretty incredible, setting that flag to 1 fixed the issue! I'd have never seen that I'd it hadn't been pointed out. Thankyou all so, so much!!

It's looking incredible now 😊

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
« Reply #863 on: 09 Nov 2018, 19:30 »
@The creature, could you experiment a little more and find out which location exactly does it read the config from?

Now what remains is to find out why do we need this flag at all, and how it is normally set/removed...

The creature

« Reply #864 on: 09 Nov 2018, 20:59 »
Sure, I'll do some more tests and see where the config files need to exactly be.

Cheers.

The creature

« Reply #865 on: 09 Nov 2018, 21:43 »
OK.

In my obb root I just have:
GAME.EXE
acsetup.cfg
android.cfg

With the config_enabled set to '1' it seems to use the settings defined by me. So I have no other directories in my obb. This couldn't have been possible without any of your help and especially your patience - especially Enrico and his original 'Let's Build an android release' post. This was amazing. I found I did have to rebuild the ags libs as there seemed to be an issue with them, but once that was done things started working fine. For those looking at doing this, you will need to sign up over on the google play console and pay the fee to set up a new app pretty early on.

I dont think you can get very far without having an RSA_public_key. This is a "license key" which can be found in the google Play Console under Development tools -> Services & API, a Base64-encoded RSA public key that you must copy and paste into the RSA public key in 'private.xml'

But it all seems to be working. Good timing really as I'm flying away next week to a funeral :(

I've never released anything to mobile, so it will be an interesting test for sure. Thank you again, if you need any more help though, I'll see what I can do.
C

arabow

« Reply #866 on: Yesterday at 03:21 »
Has anyone figured out a way to open a keyboard on Amazon Fire HD 10 (or any Android device for that matter)? It is impossible to play Sierra style adventure games without being able to use the save function. Why is it not possible to put a small button on the upper left corner of the screen (as in ScummVM) that when pressed opens a keyboard? :undecided:                

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
« Reply #867 on: Yesterday at 09:47 »
There is no one around who would know how to program for Android and be willing to help.

Right now I am very busy with something, after that is complete I will buy a real Android device because emulator works a little different, and see if I am able to fix anything here.