But WHAM, even your rendition would have terrible missuse and a lot of gray and illegal areas that actually contribute to a certain product, not to mention stuff that is maybe unavailable by no other means than stuff like torrenting etc.
- loads of musicians might get their music pirated, but lots of those people actually later pay concert tickets that have a higher price than an album, not to mention buying the music legally later,
- watching stuff that you can't have access to in other ways, such as documentaries (which I might catch on one of the Viasat or Discovery channels but it's hard),
- stuff that's limited to USA, for example hulu videos but also distribution limited productions,
- then there's loads of stuff that perhaps happens live but you can't get it any other way, can I for example buy all episodes of SNL or similar, how about streams of concert that again might be limited to a coutnry, how about tirbute videos (which actually get a lot of people pumped for a games, movies, music etc. all that would potentially be gone, infact in your case it would be
- I heard of a show that is on in USA, I can't watch it unless I - buy it of let say amazon, where I have to spend lots of money for the whole season a year later or about a year or more later to watch it on our television networks, of which some usually don't show the whole season (they sometimes interrupt it for no reason). And then I get it legally and watch the commercials.
- how about music that's on say a record and I don't have a record player?
- how about tutorial videos for a software, that helps the software developer directly by making their product acccesible and easier to learn
This is not about making money, it's about making even more money (deserving or not).
Btw 512 is not low, up until a year ago that was the speed limit on my net connection.