9 Months In- Now FREE!

Started by tzachs, Sat 21/01/2012 16:17:25

Previous topic - Next topic

tzachs

Parking Goat presents:

The Story

Life is hard when you're a prisoner, wrongly accused.
When you're pregnant in prison, life can be even harder.
You will want to give up.
But when you are then accused of a new crime, the murder of one of the inmates,
you finally get the desire to fight back, and prove your innocence once and for all!

The Trailer

The Screenshots

Features

�A Twisted Story
�A Grabbing Atmosphere
�Beautiful Artwork
�Full Voice Acting
�Multiple Endings
�Original (yet small) Soundtrack

The Team

Background Art- gameboy
Character Art- noavana
Music & SFX- noavana
Cast- noavana, Saren, cat, Ron Anshel, Mati Goldstein, Reut Goldstein.
Testing- david, Ron Anshel, cat, Ponch, Saren, gameboy.
Modules- Tween (by Edmundito), Smooth Scroll (by Ali) and Credits (by SSH).

The game was originally made for the AGS Bake Sale, but now it's available for free!

Download the game!

Peder 🚀

Great game!

I only managed to get 90 points so I guess I'll have to try again once I've finished all the other tasty bake sale games!

Chicky

I only got 84 points, i do bad? :P Hah, i think i made a big wrong choice with one of the questions, i went for the funny answer  :=

I really enjoyed the game Tzachs, it has a unique style to it, made it stand out from the crowd!

Good job to Gameboy, Noavana and the voice acting crew!

Stupot

Loved it!

And will surely love it again on my 2nd go, coz I only got 81 points!

Well done Tzachs and co.

Ponch

Tzachs,

Do you have any plans for a "perfect walkthrough" ? I played it through again and I still can't hit 100 points. (Clearly, I suck)  :-[

david

General tips:
don't rush with the completing the game, explore everything and
what you (player) already might know doesn't automatically means that the main character knows also :)
some things is worth check out more than one time
giving right answers is also very important.

LUniqueDan

'Gratz on completion.

"A Twisted Story" - Indeed it is, but twisted stries makes ppl intelligent.
I soooo love Gameboy's bg arts. They suits the best for adventure games.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

zyzzyvette

Would it be spoilery to ask how many endings there are? I've found two, and I'm wondering whether my 96-point ending is the "full" ending. Probably not, huh?

I like the ending song, it's very pretty.

SGRaaize

I managed to get the 100% on it ;D, short but fun, regarding the multiple endings, I didn't play the game more than once, but I'm fairly positive there's only two endings, and its the same regardless of your percentage.

tsubakichan

Neat game.

Got an ending with 87/100, but I totally did not understand what happened.  I wonder if I'm just slow, or if I'll get the full picture when I replay.

david

There are two endings depending on your score.
Initially it was meant to be much harder to achieve the other ending, that is, in order to get the second ending you should have earned exactly 100 pts. But Tzach found out that it was too difficult for the player and he rather levelled it down a bit.  

tzachs

Thanks guys, for your feedback.  :)

Yes, like david said, there are two endings:
Spoiler

The complete ending which you get if you reach at least 95 points, and the "weird" ending for anything less, though if you reach at least 90 points, you'll get a small audio clue to hint at the "complete" ending that you were very close to.

If you didn't understand what happened when you got the "weird" ending, it's not because you're slow, it was designed to be hard to decipher...
[close]

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 22/01/2012 01:29:23
Do you have any plans for a "perfect walkthrough" ? I played it through again and I still can't hit 100 points. (Clearly, I suck)  :-[
Where's the fun in that?
I might write a "perfect walkthrough", though I'm currently feeling a bit lazy... I played the game so many times to hunt for bugs, I don't have the energy to do it again right now.
I might reconsider if there's enough demand for it (and by enough demand, I mean one more person asking for it)...
The tips that david gave could help for those that want to try again, though, and also one more important tip, is: don't choose the funny answers!
Also, Ponch, you don't suck, you rule them all!

SGRaaize

I seriously doubt you need a Perfect Walkthrough to get 100%, the game is really not very hard, as long as you explore, you should have it no problem.

I have a question about the
Spoiler
flashbacks, I saw the one on the Shower where Susie wakes up from her "death", the one in the corridor where the main character talks to her husband and the one in the corridor (again, but one day later, I think) where the main character talks to the husband about the baby, are there any more?
[close]

david

Quote from: SGRaaize on Tue 24/01/2012 18:21:05
I seriously doubt you need a Perfect Walkthrough to get 100%, the game is really not very hard, as long as you explore, you should have it no problem.

I have a question about the
Spoiler
flashbacks, I saw the one on the Shower where Susie wakes up from her "death", the one in the corridor where the main character talks to her husband and the one in the corridor (again, but one day later, I think) where the main character talks to the husband about the baby, are there any more?
[close]

Nope, that's all you can get :)

CaptainD

Really interesting premise for the for the game, and very nicely done.

Spoiler
I did think from the start that she seemed a bit too obviously innocent to actually be innocent! :D
[close]

This idea has the potential to be made into a much longer game some day - any plans to do so?

tzachs

Thanks Captain, and also thank you for your review:)

I currently have no plans for expanding this to a larger game, though I reserve the right to change my mind in the future.

In other news, in case you've missed it, a great Let's Play was made by WHAM here (with commentary some incomprehensible ramblings by me & Noa).

tzachs

The game is now free!!
You can get it here!

Also, here's a shiny new trailer for the game's relaunch: Trailer.

Edit: And, also, Kastchey made a wonderful fan art piece:

Kastchey

And one more..

As for the game itself, I especially enjoyed
Spoiler
the subtle hints of Sarah's twisted mind clashing with reality - wish there were more of these, brilliant idea.
[close]

tzachs

8-0      ;-D
Wow, fantastic!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk