That's a video of an articulate and intelligent child. If you watched it out of context, would any of you be horrified or declaring the kid a "suicide waiting to happen"?
But Ali, there is a context that is un avoidable. The parents here have allowed their child to make a permanent and ill informed decision that he will have to live with for the rest of his life.
- doesn't know what transgender means
- doesn't know what sex means
- doesn't know what having sexual relations means (not same as above)
- hasn't thought about career
- hasn't thought about having/not having children
- hasn't thought about meaning and purpose of life
- hasn't thought about lining a meaningful and purposeful life (not the same as above)
- hasn't thought about death, mortality of self, parents, & other loved ones
- hasn't thought deeply about anything yet
- doesn't have many skills or accomplishments
- hasn't had to suffer consequences of bad decisions
- hasn't had to deal with failure
- doesn't know that someday mommy, daddy, and teacher won't be there to make everything better
- etc, etc, etc
It's just my opinion and I certainly could be wrong, but I think that a day will come when this person is extremely unhappy with the way life turned out.
How happy, proud, satisfied would any of us be if we were stuck for life with choices we made when we were 7 years old?
.... and then there's ddq (who posted while I was typing) who makes everything I said irrelevant with just three words.