(deleted)

Started by (deleted), Mon 23/01/2012 05:09:52

Previous topic - Next topic

jkohen

Quote from: hofmeier on Fri 17/02/2012 12:43:08
Ali and jkohen: Have you tried utilizing the "boost" ability?

I have, not really know what effect it has. It's impossible to stop the bar at the right time. I get like a microsecond. My reflexes are generally very sharp, so it's definitely a matter of speed (or you're excellently trained in this game, Sir :) )

Quote from: hofmeier on Fri 17/02/2012 12:43:08
But this suggestion only applies in a universe where the game operates at the same speed on all machines. Hey, jkohen: are you saying the gameplay in the trailer is slower than it is on your machine?

Anyway, thanks for playing the game everybody!

Thanks for making it!

Yes, the gameplay in the trailer looks pretty reasonable in comparison to what I get here. If you don't believe, I could try to record a video, but I haven't done this on the comp before.

BTW, I'm running the games under Linux. It hasn't given any problems with an AGS game in the last couple years, though, and I've played dozens to say the least.

kaputtnik

Hm - I have tested the game under Linux with WINE, as well as with a not-so-state-of-the-art windows computer during beta testing phase, and I didn't find the game too fast or too hard, even though I am generally ridiculously bad at games that require timed action. I didn't get the boost quite right most of the time either, I must admit, but there are many other strategies to win the game.

I would even go so far and say (danger, behind-the-scenes game hack ahead)
Spoiler
you can win the game with nothing but the power fist, shield and repair skills. For easier levelling of your repair skill, mess up the boost and repair your gunbot as often as possible when fighting one of the first harmless trapezoids - results guaranteed!
[close]
I, object.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk