Welcome to Anderwynn's Alehouse, where farmers and merchants alike meet and play HUBRIS day and night.
You never heard about HUBRIS? Why, it's a fantasy strategy card game, easy to learn, hard to master, and quite a bit of fun.
In Hubris, two players (as powerful wizards) lay siege to their opponent's tower, trying to overcome his defenses by means of magic, tactics, and beasts. With a set of 102 unique cards to deal damage, increase their resource pool, summon monsters or manipulate the turn rules, Hubris is the best Arcomage
remake the flexible AGS engine has ever produced.
It's also the only one.
* single-player game against "random AI"
* 12 different sets of "starting/winning conditions", from small, short games to epic fights to the death
* 102 unique cards, carefully sprited and with the occasional cameo
* three winning conditions
* er... an... animated... cursor?
Made for MAGS January: "In The Pub", so if you like Hubris, why not vote for it over at the MAGS page?Update: New version available
Changes in 1.0.1.
* fixed all wins counting as "Warmonger" - stats now list all three winning types
* fixed message notification displaying 0 damage against destroyed walls - this is now silenced
* fixed "Rogue" card- effect calulation tweaked to steal at least 1 unit of a non-zero resource, and otherwise remain silent
* added messages to all non-direct card effects (wall swapping etc)
* corrected typo in intro message
* added custom game and setup icons
* animated cursor is still an animated cursor, only more so
Get your copy right here: http://www.bigbluecup.com/games.php?action=detail&id=1541
Wizards are vain. Each tower's clearly there to compensate for something.
Get a load off, get a drink. Fancy a game? We got a spare deck for you!
Your tools: Acid Slimes, playful faeries and NUNS WITHOUT A FACE. (and 99 more)