Hired Gun Episode 1: Crash & Burn

Started by 8BitFreak, Thu 09/02/2012 13:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

8BitFreak

Crapsoft Games presents...

Hired Gun Episode 1: Crash & Burn

The Story:

The lovably inept pirate Hired Gun from the Pardus universe (www.pardus.at) is on his way to accept a Lifetime Achievement Award for Piracy which is totally not a trap, when his ship crashes...on a regular planet!  No, not a strange and mysterious one.  You must help Hired Gun fix his ship so he can make it to the awards in time.  I just want to reiterate this is definitely not a trap.

Background:
Pardus is an online browser game inspired by Elite, basically trade, build, fight, explore space also referred to as "4X".  This game's main character is a player from Pardus, who plays the role of a pirate but whose antics are often tragic and who often falls for incredibly obvious traps.

He also has a tendency to make over the top declarations which also contribute to the tragic hilarity of his character's persona.

In the game, the character Hired Gun plays a Rashkir, a humanoid race of green-skinned warriors.

This game is actually based on a webcomic about Hired Gun by another Pardus player named Peyote.  The game's artstyle is also based on the webcomic which is done in a cheeky, mspaint style.

I am making the game in collaboration with Peyote, who is providing some of the game art as well as concept art and references.  I'm using the concepts and backgrounds he provides me as reference for the rest of the game.  If you look at the screenshots below the crash scene is done by Peyote and the cliff scene was done by me.  The cave scene is also by Peyote.

I'm also doing graphics, the animation, scripting and game design.

The music is provided by Ozzed (www.ozzed.net), a chiptune artist.

Pardus is copyright Bayer & Szell OG, All Rights Reserved
Images & References to Pardus are used with permission.

Software used:
AGS
MSPaint
Graphics Gale
Sony Vegas

Videos:
Game Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5-7WnfxyrM

Screenshots:

You can also see the webcomic here.

Development Progress:

Story: 60%
Scripting: 25%
Graphics: 25%
Sound/Music: 70%

Expected completion date: May-June 2012

There will be a limited beta test prior to full release.

Game Length: 1-2 hours

Tester Requests:
The Shrike (Pardus IGN)
Maryjane Fields (Pardus IGN)

Testimonials:
Hired Gun from Pardus.at said, "It is a masterpiece"
CRAPSOFT GAMES: You wouldn't want us to leave the seat up.

Slipshod

The trailer is hilarious. I like the mspaint graphics, they're lookin' good! I'm playing this for sure when it's finished.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk