Asimov & Adventure games: is it possible?

Started by LuciferSam86, Wed 15/02/2012 20:20:00

Previous topic - Next topic

LuciferSam86

In these days I'm reading some Asimov books, and I've found  in the AGS forum a project to make an adventure game from a Asimov book (but I can't remember which book), and one of the team was an user (and a cute girl  :=), Nightfable.
So I ask to the game team: is the project still alive, since I haven't hear updates for years?

And what if, someone make a project to make an Earth & Foundation game? Or even a sequel? Is it too risky, for copyright things? We should ask to Asimov family?

Because IMHO, Asimov stories are perfect for an adventure game. What do you think? Maybe with a graphic-style like The Dig...
God is Real, unless declared Integer

Nightfable

I'm sorry to say, the project kind of fell apart. Since then, I am much more experienced with pixel-art painting and animating sprites... so maybe one day, I will resume working my Robots of Dawn remake -- who knows? I'm currently working on a KQ4 remake, which is taking a lot of my time. ^^ Thanks for bringing up the subject, Merlin86.

ThreeOhFour

Haha I remember I was doing animations for that  :=

Because of that I bought an Asimov book for .50 at a second hand store one day so I could read it and know what I was helping make a game about and liked the book so much I ended up naming one of the characters from one of my games after the main character in the book  8)

m0ds

That was however shortly before Ben tripped and fell of a cliff. I too have wondered about the potential of Will Smith in an adventure game. Hope you gotta airbag?

Also Nightfable should continue work on that game, and not do a - what we now call - a "Troica"

:P

Nightfable

ThreeOhFour, that is so cool, I didn't know that!  8) So, you're an Asimov fan now?

LuciferSam86

Asimov was a very good writer. I've completed, without problem, the foundation cycle. Now I'm completing the robot cycle. The Italian translation of the books is pretty good, so I don't have lost the meaning of the story.
Quote from: Ascovel on Thu 16/02/2012 04:27:37
Adapting Asimov can apparently get you in trouble:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SOPA/comments/pq8ra/this_is_why_i_oppose_the_mpaa/

Maybe, the game team could try to ask Asimov Family (I suppose that they are the copyright holders), and tell them that they are making a non-profit game based on the books of Isaac.

But this is only an idea... :)
God is Real, unless declared Integer

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Nightfable on Thu 16/02/2012 03:03:10
ThreeOhFour, that is so cool, I didn't know that!  8) So, you're an Asimov fan now?

If only having read a single book of his but really liking it and thinking "I should get more of his stuff" counts as being a fan, then yep :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk