Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Jan 1st 2015

2015 is finally here, it's time to kick of the start of the 10 anniversary right! it's been a long time and a lot happened in 2014 but this year come december will be big.
Many great games are coming out this year so it's only right that I jump on the wagon while I can hahah.

To start this off I would like to share this picture with everyone, a big nice PMQ picture in HD!!!

Dec 04 2014

And yes MiteWiseacreLives! Monkey is working with us in the arctic corners of the forums XD
But in all serious yep he and even Dualnames(Who I think is busy at the moment) are on my team.
We still doing a lot of things and though I don't want to make everything public I will show off the most recent updates.

Khris

Maybe the link in the GiP forum should link here and not to the message containing it...?

As for the topic, this best encompasses my feelings about it:

Atelier

Quote from: Icey games on Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23
if you take a triangle, you'll have 3 corners

So if I had a square, I would had 4 corners, and if I had a hexagon, I would had 7 corners? Sorry for being dumb, this mechanic just seems really complicated :-\

Victor6

Icey, I have one suggestion for you;

Shut up about this game and get on with it

That sounds harsh, but time spent talking about a game you want to make is not time spent coding said game.

Icey

Quote from: Atelier on Mon 05/03/2012 17:30:25
Quote from: Icey games on Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23
if you take a triangle, you'll have 3 corners

So if I had a square, I would had 4 corners, and if I had a hexagon, I would had 7 corners? Sorry for being dumb, this mechanic just seems really complicated :-\

This is how the Polycrystslrium looks inside the editor with edits from paint.

12859 is how much poly points(PP) I have gained during my quest. I have already unlocked the first Level orb on the Triangle so now I go to orb 2 or the the tipity top. I can see what I get when unlocking this orb in the Right corner. ATK +5, MGK +3, Fire(Piro). Once you unlock this orb your will also get these bonuses or level ups.

I hope that clears i up a bit.
Quote from: Victor6 on Mon 05/03/2012 18:49:15
Icey, I have one suggestion for you;

Shut up about this game and get on with it

That sounds harsh, but time spent talking about a game you want to make is not time spent coding said game.

Good Point. However I must wait to next month to get back on track.

Icey

AGS Colosseum may have lost 2 AGS characters, well currently 1. Therefore the gap needs to be filled up with a person(s) who can contribute their character to a game that might(And I highly doubt it) go commercial. Just keep in mind that all money goes back into the future growth of the game and I am not intending to keep any money for my self.

Just PM me your character and a link to play their game.

NickyNyce

Quote from: Icey games on Sat 10/03/2012 03:45:11
Just keep in mind that all money goes back into the future growth of the game and I am not intending to keep any money for my self.

The big word is intending. But I'm confused, are you paying someone or other people to make it for you? If you don't intend to keep any money for yourself...why charge at all?

If you're charging yourself to make it, you're still making the money aren't you.

You mentioned the money would go to the future growth of the game, who is the gardener?

Khris

I agree it's badly phrased; I think what Icey means is he won't use the money to buy Final Fantasy games, he'll only use it to pay for artwork or web hosting etc.

Icey

No no, What I mean is that I am working on the game alone, however their are people here on AGS who are willing to help me with the game. But their are some parts of the game that none of us can contribute to so the thing left to do is to look around to see if I could find a few people to help with these parts. So yeah I won't get the money but it would be going to those people who helped with the extra parts.

Now the thing is, is that they will only get paid one time and it won't be a lot.

Quote from: Khris on Sat 10/03/2012 14:40:30
I agree it's badly phrased; I think what Icey means is he won't use the money to buy Final Fantasy games, he'll only use it to pay for artwork or web hosting etc.

I think that just about right.

NickyNyce

Victor6

Out of interest;- What steps are you taking to prevent damage to intellectual properties?

- If say;- AGS Colosseum turns out to be another badly programmed, poorly designed, bug filled game with appalling dialogue, and you decide to release it on steam, then characters appearing in the game will be tainted with the stench of your creation. Paying customers could be driven away from titles featuring those characters as a result.

I'm not saying this will happen, but you don't exactly have the most stellar track record for quality control.

Icey

Trust me I have that well thought out. So that is why I

1) Need to find a animator. Maybe I will ask BigGC, hes great with animations.

2) Need to finish making a lot of other games before I go all in on AGSC. Because small games such as Treasure finder & Dreams PMQ will help me develop new skills and tactics. Everyone told me to start out with something small, so if I develop off of smaller games I can get new "abilities" when develop with big games.

3) The game will have have private beta versions that will be tested and then open beta versions like the one that the current one at the top.

Victor6

Quote from: Icey games on Sat 10/03/2012 19:05:52
Trust me I have that well thought out. So that is why I

1) Need to find a animator. Maybe I will ask BigGC, hes great with animations.

2) Need to finish making a lot of other games before I go all in on AGSC. Because small games such as Treasure finder & Dreams PMQ will help me develop new skills and tactics. Everyone told me to start out with something small, so if I develop off of smaller games I can get new "abilities" when develop with big games.

3) The game will have have private beta versions that will be tested and then open beta versions like the one that the current one at the top.
You didn't really answer my question.

1. I didn't ask anything about graphics or animation. Hiring an animator will not help you code, design, write, or test a game.
2. Finishing your other projects will not guarantee you won't screw up this one.
3. Beta testing may remove some bugs, but ultimately you will be the one who has to fix them, and you will be the one who decides when it's ready for release. Your previous 'Completed games' suggest that you have poor judgment in this area.

An example of IP protection would be allowing anyone who allows their characters to appear in the game to veto it's release if they feel the game is not up to standard (at this point, you have the option of removing their characters from the game, and releasing it.)

Icey

Oh I see, What I men't in #2 is that small games won't take that long to make and they will help me find not new ideas but new ways to improve this game. OSD 1-2 helped with development of PUMQ legends cause it taught me how to make a broken but workable RPG. OSD:ROTS - Last Boss helped start up this game.

I still don't think that answers your question but what I trying to point out is that I won't fail in the end if I can work out all the kinks in the beginning.

As for the characters, I have discussed this Commercial things in 3 threads(maybe 4). I'm not saying oh well if you didn't hear or see it too bad. But if anyone who allowed me to use their character doesn't take interest in the production then I mean I don't know cause I can't gather everyone. My life get's in the way of things as it is now that's why I have I made this topic so we can talk about now and later.

I hope that would clear things up but if not maybe khris could help clean it up a bit.

Radiant

Here's a kink you need to work out: I have requested, twice now, that you remove all ATOTK material from your game. You have not responded to either of those.

Icey

I didn't bust a full in direct response like I had to do with another contribute cause instead I made this topic. I wasn't gonna reply to everyone who has a question about the game or wanted to take the char out in different places so I rather I did it here. Also another reason I made this is cause I hoped it would clear up the confusion with the whole steam thing that keeps bugging people. Because it seems like everyone thinks as soon as it's done it's going straight to steam, F everyone, I'm taking all the money for me, oh and F the game.

I never said and if people think then that's perfectly fine. I will take out all ATOTK stuff. I really wanna make some type of contract thing were it says after 10 days you can't withdraw char cause I'm not gonna be making something with other people stuff if their gonna take it out not even in the last minute but just at all. Now, I'm not gonna do that cause that's a force but I'm pretty sure the lot of you get my point.

Also there you have it. 2 slots are officially open so I think I might ask the makers of Red Volition if I could use their character.

Anian

Quote from: Icey games on Sun 11/03/2012 05:24:36I really wanna make some type of contract thing were it says after 10 days you can't withdraw char cause I'm not gonna be making something with other people stuff if their gonna take it out not even in the last minute but just at all. Now, I'm not gonna do that cause that's a force but I'm pretty sure the lot of you get my point.
But you see, it's not the others that made a problem, like Radiant, it is YOU that changed the conditions, by now saying you want to sell the game and such. It is one thing when people give you permission for a freeware project and something to give you assets to help you out and learn and progress more quickly, but it is a whole other thing for you to use characters and then try to make money out of it.

So don't act like others are to blame, you need to be clear from the start or at least contact people who are involved BEFORE you make an announcment that changes conditions.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Icey

I can do that, I will contact them and let them know about the possible change and see what they say.

AGS Coloseum Demo was brought to you by:
ben304     Dennis ✔
Big Brother     Pib
Calin Leafshade     Amber + Fio
DaveGilbert     Rosa and Joey
dualnames     Ug
Ghost     Little Red ✔
Grundislav     Ben Jorden [guest character]
MDragon     Jakob
Nedraed     Latha
Ponch     Prick ✔(I'm gonna assume he doesn't have a problem with this but I will ask him anyways to be fair)
Radiant     Maeldun
vanwijst     Merick

Peder 🚀

Dualnames

I have not made Ug. He was designed by SSH. All I ever did for Rock, Rock, Rock, was composing three god-awful music tracks. So that means, you should ask him, and credit him if anything.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk