Forum lag

Started by Construed, Tue 13/03/2012 20:04:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Construed

Is it just me or do other people experience 5 minute lagspells, a non functional search function and failed queries?

What can we do about this, there should be some way we can fix these issues!
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

Pumaman

I've just been doing some spring cleaning of the database, which would have been making it hang fairly often in the last hour.

I've stopped now, is it any better?

NickyNyce

** Cough Cough **  

steptoe

Hi

I think the lag involves other internet issues besides AGS.

Generally there is an AGS hang every so often. This may be annoying but expected at times, like during maintenance in which it should be stated on the home page so we all know.

The database must be chocking to death with back issues.

If AGS is no longer supporting older versions of AGS perhaps issues should be on an independent separate database / re-direct site?

It's not over until the fat lady sings..

Construed

Sorry for the late reply, I noticed it working a lot better after your post.
Had a small spell of it again yesterday, but today seems to be working pretty well.
Much better than it had for awhile.

Yea, Ags has shitloads of google,bing, every type of crawler bot running on it you can imagine.

The robots.txt should probably be adequately adjusted.

[edit]
Also Im sure there's probably 10+ bots just sitting on the registration page failing to register.

Ali

This was new to me:

When will the forums learn that we are ALL applicable?

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I'm having random lag spikes between page loads.  Sometimes it is only a few seconds, sometimes it is 20-30.

Construed

Ya, I'd gladly take some of the serverload on my server if it was possible, but i think everything is pretty much stored in database so, thats out the window..

Peder 🚀

I'm randomly getting those "FAST CGI" errors most of the time I'm on the forums.

Dualnames

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Sat 17/03/2012 06:08:11
I'm randomly getting those "FAST CGI" errors most of the time I'm on the forums.

Story of my life.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Snake

I second Duals :'(
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

RickJ

QuoteI'm randomly getting those "FAST CGI" errors most of the time I'm on the forums.
Try typing slower why don't you?   :=   

Tabata

You are not alone!

Atelier

There's no problems my end ??? I guess none of you have bought premium accounts?

Tabata

"premium account"

AGA

Okay, necroing another thread.

If you get any (extended or recurring) periods of lag from now on, please post about it here, or send me a PM.  CJ has assured me that the server is more than capable of running the server, so I need to know exactly what problems people are having, and when.

SSH

Errr, if the forum is giving errors, how are people going  to PM or post a message on THE FORUMS? :P

AGA

Well I meant more after the fact!  I'm not a student anymore, so I can't really spend all day staring at the forums and IRC, waiting for them to fall over.  Stupid real life :(

WHAM

Forum was unreachable for me and/or gave me a database error for about an hour or so during the last hour and a half.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

arj0n

Yup,

Quoting forum info:

13 Apr 2012, 10:10

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

AGA

Yeah, I noticed that, and repaired it (hence the forum now being accessible!).  No idea what caused it, but the table affected was a tiny, barely used one, so it hopefully won't have any lasting effect.

Stupot

I couldn't log on earlier today (about BST 11:15).  The message was the one about SMF not being able to connect to the database.

AGA

I posted in one of the other threads about this.  The database seems to be a bit iffy at the moment, but it should be sorted before long.

Snarky

A couple of minutes ago, failed to load forum page:

QuoteThe FastCGI process exceeded configured request timeout
    Error Number: 258 (0x80070102).
    Error Description: The wait operation timed out.

HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Dualnames

Via the AGS Blog:

Hi Jim,
I know this might not be the best place to post it but the forum registration is down. It keeps showing: "Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator."
The AGS blog is the only place where I can contact anyone so I'm posting it here.

Also, I'm looking forward to the new website!!!
Rodrigo
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ghost

Quote from: SSH on Thu 12/04/2012 13:57:58
Errr, if the forum is giving errors, how are people going  to PM or post a message on THE FORUMS? :P

Not IF, WHEN.  :'(

Got the good old "Database Busy" yesterday and today. After a couple of false starts I managed to bring up the forum page. But it's only the actual forum page, not the AGS homepage that hangs.

Construed

The forum seems to have worked flawlessly over the last week for me :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk