Nancy the Happy Whore & the Perfidious Petrol Station - SUMMERBATCH

Started by Technocrat, Sun 18/03/2012 19:34:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Technocrat

It's a couple of months yet to go, but I thought I'd get the whole "showing" people thing out of the way to build up excitement. After all, this is the Excitement Games Studio forums, aren't they? Aren't they? They aren't? Damn. Well, in that case, coming soon to a computer in front of you:

Nancy the Happy Whore and the Perfidious Petrol Station

Nancy, the titular sex-worker with an unshakeably optimistic attitude, finds herself running out of fuel while on her way to the Big City. Now, with the help of her best friend and crack-fiend Susie the Drug Addict, she must not only procure the petroleum to make her auto-machine go again, but help defeat an armed robbery, a disillusioned amateur hippy and THE PROPHETS themselves to help uncover the evil lurking within - the PERFIDIOUS PETROL STATION!

(Graphics sort-of representative, and subject to a whole lot of improvement and cleaning-up before it's finished)

Featuring:
- An intricate and disturbing social commentary on the issues of modern womanhood
- Non-linear art
- Eight rooms!
- Voices! (which reminds me, who wants to voice a character?)
- Graphics!
- Six languages (including ENGLISH (UK), ENGLISH (USA), ENGLISH (CANADA), ENGLISH (NEW ZEALAND), ENGLISH (ZIMBABWE) and ENGLISH (FEDERATED STATES OF MICRONESIA))

Release date: THIS SUMMER

Since this is intended to be part of Mods' Summerbatch group of games, it'll also be my first venture into charging people money for what I make. COMMERCIAL! WOO!

Edit: FINISHED! PAY MONEY TO PLAY WITH NANCY, THAT'S WHAT SHE'S THERE FOR![/url]

WHAM

What a wonderfully happy looking whore!  ;)
And an eye-catcher to be sure, colour me interested!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

SarahLiz

Wow!!  Those are some impressive graphics, for sure!  I'd definitely pay $ to play this game...

Looking forward to it!   :D

Tabata

YAY - It looks good!
And I'm already very curious about the issues of modern womanhood  ;D

Ghost

This. Is looking great. Cool graphics, very oldschool, very wanna have!

Mouth for war

mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Victor6

Got the love the character graphics style.

Quote from: Technocrat on Sun 18/03/2012 19:34:46
- Six languages (including ENGLISH (UK), ENGLISH (USA), ENGLISH (CANADA), ENGLISH (NEW ZEALAND), ENGLISH (ZIMBABWE) and ENGLISH (FEDERATED STATES OF MICRONESIA))
er....

- Does this mean the UK version will spell words like colour correctly?
- I notice once again the Aussies are missing out, although they'd ban it for some idiotic reason.

Technocrat

Quote from: Victor6 on Sun 18/03/2012 22:39:24

- Does this mean the UK version will spell words like colour correctly?
- I notice once again the Aussies are missing out, although they'd ban it for some idiotic reason.

Australia's kind of near to NZ and Micronesia, they can kind of average out the distance!

I've no doubt Australia would ban it. After all, as far as the Aussie government's concerned, computer games are always, 100% exclusively aimed solely at minors and nobody else.

selmiak

She has that innocent look up on her face, I'm already in love. :D

ThreeOhFour

This looks lovely!

It's such a pity I am Australian  :(

Surdy

You've got a really good job, Technocrat  :o

If you are interested in a free french translation, I am your man & you can contact me.  ;)

Technocrat

Quote from: Surdy on Mon 19/03/2012 14:12:10
You've got a really good job, Technocrat  :o

If you are interested in a free french translation, I am your man & you can contact me.  ;)

So, "Nancy la Prostituée Heureuse"? I might have to get back to you on that one, that could be a good idea.

Technocrat

Also, since Nancy doesn't like to operate in awkward silence, I'm digging around for musicians - anyone fancy having a go at something cartoony?

DBoyWheeler

It'd make a great opportunity for a great Leisure Suit Larry reference.  Maybe not a cameo, but a reference.

theo

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Fri 23/03/2012 22:49:44
It'd make a great opportunity for a great Leisure Suit Larry reference.  Maybe not a cameo, but a reference.

Or maybe a tie-in with crackwell? I loved unhinged. I'm not really a "profanity is funny" kind of guy but that shiet was hilarious.

Good luck with this commercial endeavor of yours, technocrat. I love your stuff. The rail rocked!

Armageddon

Technocrat

I'm putting a lot of oomph into it this weekend - especially drawing-wise.

I think I'm improving!

Doc_Savage

Hi technocrat,

I would be happy to make you some music samples if you want to see if it
fits your needs.

write me in Pm ;)

Stupot

DBoyWheeler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk