SPRITE JAM: PIMP MY SPRITE ***WINNER ANNOUNCED***

Started by Ponch, Thu 22/03/2012 04:16:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

See that cool cat up there? That's Life Partner Ray and he's in the market for a new ride. But what sort of ride would be a good fit for a stylin' and profilin' pimp like Ray? I have no idea! I need you to tell me!

Sprite up a suitable form of transportation for Ray. It can be any color depth, just so long as it's sweet and smooth, baby. And have it in by April 5th.

The three best submissions will win custom funktastic pimp hats for their sig files -- and that's sure to impress all the fine honeys.

So get to it, all you funky cats and kittens. Time is money for a pimp, and Ray's gotta make the scene, dig?  8) Solid.

(And everyone who doesn't enter this sprite jam will forever be known on the street as a jive turkey. And you don't want that, do you? Hell no! So make a sprite already, baby!)

gameboy

A 1963 Chevrolet Impala... with four doors for more whores! Among the list of special features there's also a special hood mounted periscope so the pimp can supervise his employees while driving.

and here's a special animation of Ray giving it a test drive:

Ekeko

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 22/03/2012 04:16:45
And you don't want that, do you?
Heck, NO!!  ;D
Count me in! (Unless I just can't come up with something... :P)

Ponch

Excellent work, Gameboy. Very funky indeed. 8)

Ekeko, I expect something smooth from you too. Otherwise, I'll have no choice but to put the word to the street and let all the people know what a sucka you really are.

AND THAT GOES FOR ALL THE REST OF YOU TOO! GET TO WORK! ;)

Anian

No hydraulics, gameboy? For shame.  ;D
I'd like to get in on this comp, but I can't help but think of those racing carriages from Saints row 3. Nice theme though, Ponch.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Ponch

Quote from: anian on Fri 23/03/2012 08:54:38
I'd like to get in on this comp... Nice theme...

Thanks. I'm glad you like the theme and I hope you find the time to jam a little sprite.

And I feel I should also point out that Ray is a 1970s family TV safe pimp. Which means he spends most of his time fighting crime and/or helping the cops keep the streets clean by working as a secret informant. He does little to any actual pimping. So feel free to let that inspire you.  8)

Tabata

blame Ponch for this entry! It never ever would have been shown by me, but he forced it, since this is the only way I am not the one to be known as jive turkey.

Now you get, what you deserve

... but nonetheless I'd like to go with Ray

... on a little trip in that car  

Shame on you Ponch,
someday I'll get you for that!  

Ponch

Very funky and phallic, Tabata. Clearly you are not a jive turkey. Now what about the rest of you?  :=

Ekeko

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!!

YOU, YES YOU! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED, RIGHT?!? OH, YES YOU KNOW!!! Oh, wait... You don't?
WHAT YOU NEED IS A MONSTER TRUCK!!!!

JUST CALL TO THE NUMBER 1111-1111-1111-SCAM AND YOU'LL GET ONE OF THESE
KILLING MACHINES!!!!
BEAT THE RUSH, BUY ONE NOW!!!

Ponch

A monster truck? Inventive! I wasn't expecting one of those. Well played, sir.  :D

Anian

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 23/03/2012 15:52:35
Quote from: anian on Fri 23/03/2012 08:54:38
I'd like to get in on this comp... Nice theme...
Man, you're the coolest, I hope you enter this comp, because your stuff is always awesome.
Well when you put it like that, I'll prepare something, I already got an idea and it's half done. And it's not going to be "dirty"...although, I thought you'd be more into it.  :P

Anyway, saving a spot for update of entry here.
EDIT:
So here it is Long John Limo:

This big boy car is a limousine so stretched out that it has a built in multidimensional portal, so it can be street legal and make the corners when LPR needs to check some clubs downtown. Plus it keeps the car a bit lighter thus saving on gas (hey, pimpin' is suffering in this economy as well).
The tech behind it is pretty complicated, but what the basic idea is that the main part of the built in disco is stored in another dimension.

You can see that the limo has a roof window, and one of the LPR groupies is already good to go, in fact there's always at least one groupie in the car at all times, so the party never stops.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Ponch

Nice work, Anian. Portal meets Pimpin'.  :D

Victor6

Time's almost up and I kinda lost interest.

I'm not even going to bother trying to explaining this.....

Eggie

If that doesn't get animated Howl's Moving Castle style and stuck in a Platform game PRONTO I am never forgiving this community.

Ponch

These are the final hours. If there are any of you left who want to prove you're not a jive turkey, now is the time!  ;)

Icey

LPR signed Gravity Board

Ponch

Sorry for my silence. I'm out of town this weekend and I forgot to upload the trophy pics before I left. I'll be home tomorrow and I'll announce the winners then.

Sorry for the delay. :-[

Ponch

All right, hep cats. It's time to bring down the sumptuous velvet curtain on this sprite jam. Thanks to all the fine people who stepped up and helped Ray find a new ride.

Here are the winners:

First Place: Victor6 and his whatever the hell this thing is.
I don't know what it is exactly. But it's so majestic, Ray would be a fool if he didn't want to be seen on the streets in this super sweet pimp throne.

Second Place: gameboy and his (animated!) Chevy Impala.
The Pimp-O-Scope is a nice touch and the choice of classic Detroit steel was a solid one.

Third Place: Anian and his Long John Limo.
So fine it defies the laws of space and time (but not the laws of fashion). Nicely done!

And I'm givin' out free pimp hats to the other entrants: Tabata, Ekeko, and Icey Sweet
Nice work, you guys. You may not have won a trophy, but you won Ray's respect. And you showed the rest of the AGS Community that it's they, not you, who are the jive suckas.  8)

And that does it for this Sprite Jam. Take it away, Victor6.  :)

gameboy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk