MAGS April: "Distorted Senses" (CLOSED)

Started by Atelier, Sun 01/04/2012 12:38:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Since it's still May 5 my time and I had an unexpected hour to myself, I went ahead and made the option to watch the intro more explicit.  I also added in a few sounds that I'd wanted to track down but hadn't beforehand, and fixed a few stray pixels and hotspot label bugs.  I hope that's cool, contest wise: if not, I'll re-upload the old version.

Cogliostro

Here it is, in all of its buggy and untested goodness.

A crippled ship with missing crew
A crippled man with missing memories
7000 light years from home and trapped...
Between the Pillars of Creation

Here's the link - 75MB

Uploaded with 3 minutes to spare

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Cogliostro

LOTS and LOTS of planning had to be dropped in order to make the deadline.   I fully intend to create a second version that covers all of the story and plot gaps I left in this version.

- Cogliostro

EDIT -- Found my first serious bug.  You will have to use the arrow keys to walk around most of the rooms.

Radiant

Cogliostro

Quote from: Baron on Sun 06/05/2012 02:58:19
Since it's still May 5 my time and I had an unexpected hour to myself, I went ahead and made the option to watch the intro more explicit.  I also added in a few sounds that I'd wanted to track down but hadn't beforehand, and fixed a few stray pixels and hotspot label bugs.  I hope that's cool, contest wise: if not, I'll re-upload the old version.

Baron -- If my opinion matters, its completely cool.  Of course, I had to push it to 11:57PM EST in order to get my game uploaded in time.

Radiant -- Thanks!   Of course, that's the size when its COMPRESSED.  Its a complete monster when unzipped.

- Cogliostro

Atelier

Thanks Baron and Cogliostro, now it's voting time!

For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

Wages of Darkness by Baron (Art by Kastchey, Music by Doc Savage)
Between the Pillars of Creation by Cogliostro

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

Also, finally cleared backlog of MAGS entries on the site (hadn't been updated since November). This means Maggies 11 can begin in a few days after the Awards Ceremony and its aftermath has passed!

Tabata

Quote from: Atelier on Sun 06/05/2012 21:04:45
... now it's voting time!

Until when do we have to be done with the voting?

Doc_Savage

Quote from: Tabata on Tue 08/05/2012 18:57:36
Quote from: Atelier on Sun 06/05/2012 21:04:45
... now it's voting time!

Until when do we have to be done with the voting?

Indeed

Atelier

Usually after fifteen days or until there is a clear winner.

WHAM

Cool games, glad to see people making the most of the unusual theme! :) 
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ghost

Doc_Savage

Atelier

We certainly have a winner:

Wages of Darkness by Baron (Art by Kastchey, Music by Doc Savage)
9 vote(s)
Between the Pillars of Creation by Cogliostro
5 vote(s)

Congrats Baron, Kastchey and Doc Sav!

Actually the winner was changing all the time until Wages of Darkness got a majority of 4, because of 2 more contributors I assumed 2 more intrinsic votes. Alas first past the post has been upheld in all its glory...
By the way, next month I will be scrapping the vote, and instead you must write an essay of 1000 words min on why strawberry Cornettos are better than mint and chocolate. Whoever has the most convincing argument wins woo!

Ghost

Congratulations, baron and team!

Strawberries are an atrocity!

WHAM

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Baron

Thank you, thank you!

I couldn't have done it without my team.  To be more precise, I probably wouldn't have done it without my team: time is such a precious commodity for me these days.  But I'm glad they were so keen on the concept to put in all the (free) work to make it a reality.  I plan a few tweaks and polishes and then I intend to release the game to a wider public (ie more than the fourteen (?!?) people that play MAGS games).  Thanks to everyone who voted for Wages of Darkness, and thanks to Cogliostro for providing some stiff competition!

As a side note, I like the idea of voting with an essay, but on the topic of the games.  Yes, such a process will inevitably yield some ugly truths and probably more than a couple elaborate falsehoods, but the feedback would be invaluable for a developer keen on building a better game.  Plus it would be immensely entertaining to watch the debate rage one way and then another as each voter tries to outwit the arguments of the one that comes before.  I guess I've just got a soft spot for the good old days of the Roman arena....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk