Played anything interesting and short lately?

Started by eri0o, Sat 21/01/2023 20:31:47

Previous topic - Next topic

eri0o

I just played this game with a friend right now, we were sitting in sofas one across another and relaying what each of us were seeing to the other. The Lite version is 20-30min, but there is a paid version that is longer. We didn't had much time so we played the lite and it's pretty interesting.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.RustyLake.ThePastWithinLite

It was a similar experience to Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.

Just starting a thread to accumulate a bunch of little games that are interesting, in case it's useful for you know... Inspiring and making games. :)

lorenzo

I want to give it a try! I haven't played that one, but I played other games in the Rusty Lake series: Rusty Lake Hotel, and Roots. Not my favourite kind of puzzles (including some that I didn't like at all), but I enjoyed them for what they are.
In general, I like short and fun games, so I'll keep an eye on this thread!

KyriakosCH

Me too ^^ Playthroughs are also something that interests me (if the game has good ideas)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Babar

Was thinking of starting a new thread for this question, but then I saw this one, and thought it might be applicable.

I learnt recently that Netflix had a bunch of (mobile) games available, so since I had an account, I figured I'd try something. The selection isn't huge, but I very much appreciate the fact that they're all totally free, and without any ads or in-app purchases (along with the aggressive monetisation and grindy gameplay that comes along with that).

They even have a couple of games that I was looking into on the PC, but after trying them out (Moonlighter and TMNT), my opinion that unless the interaction method has been drastically changed (rather than just sticking on an onscreen joystick and buttons) PC games ported to mobile are almost never convenient to play.

So far I've enjoyed Poinpy, Krispee Street, and some of the Solitaire/Domino/Mahjong games, but I was curious if anyone had any other suggestions. They have a couple of adventure games as well (I already own Oxenfree and Kentucky Route Zero on PC), but again, I'm not sure how well they'd translate to mobile if they weren't made for it.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

AbrahamCross

Quote from: eri0o on Sat 21/01/2023 20:31:47I just played this game with a friend right now, we were sitting in sofas one across another and relaying what each of us were seeing to the other. The Lite version is 20-30min, but there is a paid version that is longer. We didn't had much time so we played the lite and it's pretty interesting.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.RustyLake.ThePastWithinLite

It was a similar experience to Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.

Just starting a thread to accumulate a bunch of little games that are interesting, in case it's useful for you know... Inspiring and making games. :)

That sounds like a fun and engaging way to play a game with a friend! Thank you for sharing your experience and the game recommendation. I'm glad you enjoyed the Lite version of "The Past Within" and found it interesting. I'm sure other users will appreciate your suggestion.

eri0o

Very short (very very short) game I played now, thought it was cute: https://picogram.itch.io/goodbye-doggy

I actually came to comment on this thread thinking it was the thread cat had recommended the game about the dying online world but it is not (?)

eri0o

heltenjon

Quote from: eri0o on Thu 04/04/2024 01:55:45Very short (very very short) game I played now, thought it was cute: https://picogram.itch.io/goodbye-doggy

I actually came to comment on this thread thinking it was the thread cat had recommended the game about the dying online world but it is not (?)

That was indeed very cute! The dev has atother point and click game as well: https://picogram.itch.io/pe-noire . It's a kind of detective game where you are a sort of pupil working for the headmaster and trying to catch someone who is skipping their p.e. lessons. (I'm sure this is somewhat similar to school systems somewhere, but it's totally alien to me.) Short (but longer than the ghost dog game) and humourous, even though it's a bit cruel (and the irony could have worked better, as it's sending mixed signals). Still, the ghost dog game is better.

Danvzare

I recently played Otogirisou for the SNES, which recently got a fan translation.

It's a visual novel, but unlike the more modern ones, it gives you a whole bunch of choices right from the get go. If anything, it's much more akin to a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book, with a few sounds and visuals to compliment it.

It was really fun as well. So much so, that I played through it three more times in the same day.
The story can change a LOT depending on your choices. And there seems to be some RNG with regards to what choices are available to you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk