Space Pirates Sprites

Started by IndieBoy, Tue 17/04/2012 22:34:25

Previous topic - Next topic

IndieBoy

Hey guys, it has been a while and especially a long while I posted in the critics' lounge some pixelling. I've decided to start work on an old game I released a demo of a long time ago, and to completely start over and revamp it. My main issue at the moment is that I'm out of practice with my pixelling and I am running in to some troubles.

Here is what I have at the moment:

My main trouble is with the captain's coat. What I want to do is keep shading to a minimum hence the block colours, however it is causing me trouble around the collar and the transition between the light to the darker red. Any advice is most welcome!

I need to make them look a little more spacey. I had one idea of his leg being robotic however with this style it would look like he is wearing odd coloured boots.

I really like the simply coloured and blocky look however it is causing more hassle than I like.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Hudders

I like it.

I wouldn't have the two colours on the coat, I'd just make it the one colour and then use some piping around the edge to show where it wraps around, (see paint over below). At the moment the back looks very odd, (not least because it seems to be backwards - in every other position, the dark red is above his pegleg, but from the back it is above his non-pegleg).

arj0n

bit different coat and sleeves

Hudders

I like the sleeves, looks a bit like he's wearing a waist-coat:

To make him more of a space-pirate you could replace the eye-patch with a cyborg eye or give him a parrot-like alien to sit on his shoulder.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk