Sorting games by Newly Added [solved]

Started by blueskirt, Thu 11/10/2012 08:29:11

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskirt

This has probably been asked before but is there a way to sort AGS games by release date? With the most recent games on top? Ever since the site got updated I haven't been able to do that. ???

Frodo

Yeah, I found it confusing as well, cos it's not very clear how to sort games this way.  :sad:   You can actually sort games by date, by going to the A-Z alphabetical list.    :tongue:

If you go the GameGames Lists List page, and click on 'Released', the newest games will jump to the top. 

blueskirt

Awesome! You are the best, Frodo!

cat

I wouldn't consider this issue as "solved". I think the most recently added games should be shown like the most popular games (or even instead of them, there are almost the same games there every week).

AGA

Just so people know, I'm going to be redoing elements of the games page over the next couple of months, so stuff like this should be more easy to find.

cat

Just an idea for a quick fix: Frodo's link shows directly the list sorted by date.

Would it be possible to add this link under "A-Z list"?

Frodo

Adding the link between 'A-Z List' and 'Coming Soon' would be ideal.
It shouldn't be hidden IN the A-Z list, cos that indicates it's alphabetical.  So most people wouldn't know you can sort by date as well.

AGA

"A-Z List" should really be "All Games" or something similar.  I'll try to make it all a bit more usable when I get the chance.

Ryan Timothy B

In all honesty...
Browse should be renamed to Search - including the actual Search bar in that. The current A-Z list should then be renamed to Browse. But making it more clear that the sorting options are there.

Slasher

I remember that you could also search by username. Is this going to be implemented?

slasher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk